PDA

View Full Version : Trailering PS197 w/ tower folded down

32offer
06-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Anyone made any cool apparatuses for trailering your boats with the zeroflex flyer towers folded down? I'm tired of it eating the bugs. I don't want it just resting on the front seats/grab rails.
thanks

Philscbx
06-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Might have to go to Summit Racing, and get a couple urethane bump stops.

bjames
06-06-2012, 06:05 PM
I have seen an x-star that has a custom cover made for the tower. Basically the cover wraps around the tubing, speakers and boardracks - looks like a tower that has been shrink wrapped :) I will see if i can get a pic.

It looked really good.

AZX9
06-07-2012, 01:15 AM
I don't have a pic handy but the guy i bought my X9 from made a wood stand that mimicked the original transport stand for the tower to rest on. It is made to catch the tubing in a cradle and since I have tower lights it has a cutout to receive them as well. The base is wide so that it slides all the way forward against the front seat rise of the floor so it lines up perfect each time. kind of like a triangle shape like the bow area floor to keep it centered. I have towed with it for a six hour round trip and it worked great with no issues. Because the tower is heavy it stays put and does not bounce around.

CCAnderson
06-07-2012, 09:31 AM
on my 209 i use the cheap super noodle pool floats, the kind you can get at Kmart for $2, on the tower where it rests on the seats and a ratchet strap to keep it from bouncing. I have considered building the wood stand so the tower does not rest on the seat cusions. Of course this does not eliminate the issues with bugs but certainly helped with fuel milage by getting the tower down out of the wind. if you come up with any good please post them