PDA

View Full Version : 1st Bfoot run of the season!

snobinge
06-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Still have the lakes to ourselves here in WI as most still think it is too cold. ;) Boat is a 98 205.

https://vimeo.com/43512571

thatsmrmastercraft
06-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Still have the lakes to ourselves here in WI as most still think it is too cold. ;) Boat is a 98 205.

https://vimeo.com/43512571

Nice run.......gotta love an empty lake.:toast:

BrooksfamX2
06-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Nice. How fast do you need to go to barefoot?

snobinge
06-06-2012, 10:58 AM
I am 210lbs so I like to go 40+. I don't have the LT1 engine so it is just throttle down and give me all she's got. Boat will do 44 on GPS not pulling skier with new ACME 3 blade.

76S&S
06-06-2012, 12:01 PM
I'll be teaching 2 possibly 3 teens this weekend. It will also be the first time I've footed in a couple of years. Good times ahead!

Kyle
06-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Cool video. Nice tumble turn

atlfootr
06-07-2012, 01:16 PM
sweet one ...

Drodey
06-08-2012, 12:18 AM
We have been on the lake since January 1 here in Gerorgia. This is my 10 year old working on her barefooting.

http://youtu.be/_aoDdZhI6aQ

Jerseydave
06-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Here's a pic of my first barefoot run this year, back in April on the Schuylkill river north of Philly.
(fuzzy cell pic, sorry)

mcmx2
06-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Drodey,

Great video, I have a two boys 12 and 9. I am going to use this video as motivation as the 12 year old can foot on the boom and the 9 year old won't try. They are both pretty good slalom skiers but this should push them on the barefooting.

Drodey
06-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks MCMX2, I have 4 kids that all barefoot. Once they try it they seem to be hooked. It is just getting them past that first time. I think we are going to do day with Lane Bowers while we are in Florida on vacation. She needs some good instruction. She doesn't care to do anything else behind (or beside) the boat anymore.

nkorep2
06-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Here my first ever barefoot about 3 weeks ago. Behind a bayliner capri 175, didnt think it would be possible, but it is :). Im working on my 1990 Prostar to be able to do this more often.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-sMn7Ca7oLnw/T9ZzpSk5PaI/AAAAAAAAC-s/RhkE4ALjyUM/s640/photo-1.jpeg

snobinge
06-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Nice Nkorep2...I'm guessing you stepped off! ;)

I am glad to hear so many kids are getting into barefooting. I have a 3 yr old daughter and son on the way that I hope are interested in footing. I didn't learn how until about 5 years ago. I am 35 now. We grew up with runabout boats and were never inspired as much as Nkorep2 to learn behind a non-inboard. I have yet to learn how to step off a ski...scares the crap outta me! I just stick to the deep water start.

nkorep2
06-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Nice Nkorep2...I'm guessing you stepped off! ;)

I am glad to hear so many kids are getting into barefooting. I have a 3 yr old daughter and son on the way that I hope are interested in footing. I didn't learn how until about 5 years ago. I am 35 now. We grew up with runabout boats and were never inspired as much as Nkorep2 to learn behind a non-inboard. I have yet to learn how to step off a ski...scares the crap outta me! I just stick to the deep water start.

I actually sat on a wakeboard and stood up. I ate a ton of water when I tried stepping off a ski. Now, I feel like I might be able to do it, but it is really scary to commit. If I wasnt working on restoring my prostar, I would have already bought a barefoot suit and been doing deep water starts. Im addicted.

Sullivan
06-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Cool thread, makes me want to get out and try footing.

atlfootr
06-20-2012, 03:17 PM
So what are you wait'n for?
JUS' DO IT! "Banana George

mzimme
06-20-2012, 03:30 PM
So what are you wait'n for?
JUS' DO IT! "Banana George

On that note... I want to "just do it" as well, but I have nobody around to give a first timer pointers.

I have an 83 S&S with a port side boom that I can use as well as a fly high if I progress to the deep water. Whats the best way to do this for the first time? I saw a video of people getting instruction, where a handle is tied to the boom and you sit in it as a swing at first while getting to speed, then just sort of stand up to get the feel. From there, they progressed to removing the swing, and holding onto the boom with your feet wrapped around the boom cable to keep them out of the water and your body suspended until at speed, and then lowering the feet.

Does that sound about right? Also... I need driving tips while having a boom out the side of the boat. What will it feel like? How should I react? etc. Anything NOT to do? Obviously turning sharp would be bad, but whats the slow down procedure and that sort of thing? I really don't want to injur anyone else in the boat, or out of the boat while having a boom out the side.

Also... as the footer, how do you fall when you're done without slamming the water in odd ways at 40mph+?

nkorep2
06-21-2012, 12:06 AM
On that note... I want to "just do it" as well, but I have nobody around to give a first timer pointers.

I have an 83 S&S with a port side boom that I can use as well as a fly high if I progress to the deep water. Whats the best way to do this for the first time? I saw a video of people getting instruction, where a handle is tied to the boom and you sit in it as a swing at first while getting to speed, then just sort of stand up to get the feel. From there, they progressed to removing the swing, and holding onto the boom with your feet wrapped around the boom cable to keep them out of the water and your body suspended until at speed, and then lowering the feet.

Does that sound about right? Also... I need driving tips while having a boom out the side of the boat. What will it feel like? How should I react? etc. Anything NOT to do? Obviously turning sharp would be bad, but whats the slow down procedure and that sort of thing? I really don't want to injur anyone else in the boat, or out of the boat while having a boom out the side.

Also... as the footer, how do you fall when you're done without slamming the water in odd ways at 40mph+?

Well, kinda sitting back and down keeps you from beating yourself up too much when your done. In reality, you just kinda have to try, try, try again, eat it a few times and you'll get the hang off it. I did learn that if you have water spraying you in the face, you're leaning too far back.