PDA

View Full Version : Ronix Cortez Wakesurf - Anyone have one?

mattb
06-06-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm thinking about getting a new wakesurf and wondered what you guys thought of the Ronix Cortez? - http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/1125.

I'm trying to find a board that is good all around. I can wakesurf behind just about anything, but I also bring a lot of people that have never done it before. Ideally I'd like a board that is good for beginners, but also something that I will be able to enjoy. The Cortez seems moderately priced, but I'm not sure it feels my needs. Any experience?

Thanks!

sand2snow22
06-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Seems like a good board for what you are looking for. I just picked one up for the same reasons. I haven't ridden it myself, but a friend did and he finally was able to let go of the rope. He's 6'2" 210 lbs. We have the 5'4" cortez. He is an ocean surfer, so he looked like a pro after he was able to throw the rope into the boat!

chevy08bud
06-06-2012, 02:51 PM
I've got one and really like it. One thing I had to do was mess with the fin configuration a bit to get the speed out of it I wanted. I ended taking the two side fins off and leaving just the large center one. Seemed to be the best setup for the most people.

mattb
06-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Seems like a good board for what you are looking for. I just picked one up for the same reasons. I haven't ridden it myself, but a friend did and he finally was able to let go of the rope. He's 6'2" 210 lbs. We have the 5'4" cortez. He is an ocean surfer, so he looked like a pro after he was able to throw the rope into the boat!

That's what I'm hoping will happen. I want the Ronix Koal, but I don't feel like spending the money.

I've got one and really like it. One thing I had to do was mess with the fin configuration a bit to get the speed out of it I wanted. I ended taking the two side fins off and leaving just the large center one. Seemed to be the best setup for the most people.

What size do you have?

MASTIQUE
06-06-2012, 11:14 PM
I have the same board mentioned above, it's an easy board, can surf all day but not good for spins! I'm 200 and 6'0". I've taught 4 people to surf on it and they never wake-boarded before, two were girls and one was my 6 year old son. I'd buy another.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2

MASTIQUE
06-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Plus it's big enough to surf two people on which is fun too!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2

sand2snow22
06-07-2012, 01:40 AM
That's what I'm hoping will happen. I want the Ronix Koal, but I don't feel like spending the money.

What size do you have?

IIRC the Koal is easier to ding. Cortez is strong and made out of epoxy.

mattb
06-07-2012, 10:45 AM
All great info! Thanks everyone. So go for the 5'4" over the 4'8" model?

chevy08bud
06-07-2012, 11:13 AM
I have the 5'4" model. If you want one board to try to teach everyone on and enjoy riding yourself, this is the one I'd get. Unless everyone is pretty small.

mattb
06-07-2012, 12:43 PM
awesome, thanks chevy.

Thrall
07-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Cortez seems like a good board. We have a 4'-8" model and it works for everyone. I can keep it afloat with me (205# and my boy, 55#) for a little while even.
Will have to pull the outer fins and see how that works.

calli0610
07-23-2012, 09:12 PM
I have the 4'8". I really enjoy it. I'm 6'3" 230 lbs.

Brian B
07-23-2012, 10:02 PM
For not too much more money I would go with a Soulcraft, Walker Project, or Shredstixx!

I was going to demo one from our local Ski Pro but they wanted $40 to do so. Sorry! I went with a board that is highly regarded in the community and the company supports the sport! Save for Liquid Force, I dont think there are any Wakeboard companies involved in wakesurfing...... And by involved, I mean spending money and sponsoring riders....