PDA

View Full Version : 2012 X25- Which Heater Hose Pulls Out?

Nick911
06-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Which of the heater hoses in a 2012 X25 pull out? I tugged at all 3 and none seemed to budge.

bjames
06-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Only the large one near the floor by the cooler. Grab it by the inside frame, not by the louvers. Give it a bit of a twist and it will come out.

The others are fixed.

501s
06-06-2012, 11:05 AM
I remember my dealer saying the fixed heaters can be changed to pull outs, but we never talked more about it after I ordered the boat. The ones in the cup holders are OK, but it would be nice if they did pull out so less heat was wasted. Has anyone ever done this mod?

bjames
06-06-2012, 11:22 AM
I remember my dealer saying the fixed heaters can be changed to pull outs, but we never talked more about it after I ordered the boat. The ones in the cup holders are OK, but it would be nice if they did pull out so less heat was wasted. Has anyone ever done this mod?

MMS told me that for 2012 there are no longer pull out heater hoses. I prooved them wrong. Carfully grab the outlet from the inside frame (not by the vents) and twist or wiggle out. Its stiff at first but it will come out with the usual 3' of hose. Also you can check under the deck and see the extra slack in heater hose under the seat. I was misinformed about a number of things. Such as the 2 way switch under the tower rear facing lights. I was told that that switch doesnt do anything, well it does, it changes the courtesy light (under the rear facing tower lights) to white or red. Also they told me that you cant stop the engine by pushing the star/stop button. We you can by holding the button in for 3 seconds.

I was also told that the Rider settings saved in the BIG are onlt for reference and are not intended to 'actually' fill the tanks and set the trim.

Never ask a sales guy how things work ;)

Nick911
06-06-2012, 12:27 PM
MMS told me that for 2012 there are no longer pull out heater hoses. I prooved them wrong. Carfully grab the outlet from the inside frame (not by the vents) and twist or wiggle out. Its stiff at first but it will come out with the usual 3' of hose. Also you can check under the deck and see the extra slack in heater hose under the seat. I was misinformed about a number of things. Such as the 2 way switch under the tower rear facing lights. I was told that that switch doesnt do anything, well it does, it changes the courtesy light (under the rear facing tower lights) to white or red. Also they told me that you cant stop the engine by pushing the star/stop button. We you can by holding the button in for 3 seconds.

I was also told that the Rider settings saved in the BIG are onlt for reference and are not intended to 'actually' fill the tanks and set the trim.

Never ask a sales guy how things work ;)

Which outlet did you do this with?

bjames
06-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Which outlet did you do this with?

The one near the floor right by the cooler.

bcd
06-06-2012, 03:28 PM
+1 one on be careful and don't pull on the louvers. I broke one of my louvers trying to get mine pulled out, even though I was trying to not pull on the louvers. The first few times you pull it out, it's in there tight. It does loosen up a little after a few in and outs.

How is your heat? I have the 5.7L, and my heater never blows very warm air. I'm not sure if the 6.0L is any better or not. My dealer just told me Ilmor has put together a kit to put a higher cracking thermostat, reroute the supply hose to a hotter point, and reroute the return hose to get more flow. They said they're not treating it as warranty, but will supply the kit and pay for 1.5 hours of labor. I'm on the hook for any additional labor. Not sure how it isn't warranty when I paid $900 for a heater that doesn't heat the air that comes out of it.

bjames
06-06-2012, 06:29 PM
The first few times you pull it out, it's in there tight. It does loosen up a little after a few in and outs.

Thats what she said! :D

Couldnt resist :)

I have the 6.0 and we notice that the end of line outlet (Port side by cup holders) wasnt blowing very warm air compared to the other outlets.

MASTIQUE
06-06-2012, 10:21 PM
None of mine are warm either, idle or cruising. I miss the pull outs at all heater points! Maybe a conversion over the winter :). Hopefully the new ILmor kit will solve the cold heater too....

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2

Heelgrad
06-06-2012, 11:44 PM
I'll have to try and get my heater lines out this weekend and test them out. Hopefully my 6.2 will put out some decent heat but I'm not optimistic based on what y'all are saying.

Stefan
06-17-2012, 03:41 AM
Thats what she said! :D

Couldnt resist :)

I have the 6.0 and we notice that the end of line outlet (Port side by cup holders) wasnt blowing very warm air compared to the other outlets.

It's a pretty long way from the heat exchanger under the dash to the outlets, imo the outlets on the side beside the cupholders are no use anyways, heat goes upwards... I'm thinking about exchanging them for more cupholders, also to have more warm air to the floor outlets.
By the way, I fitted a second pullable outlet under the observer seat (non standard in the X-15)

None of mine are warm either, idle or cruising. I miss the pull outs at all heater points! Maybe a conversion over the winter :). Hopefully the new ILmor kit will solve the cold heater too....

What Ilmor kit???