PDA

View Full Version : ballast lines clogged?

x3lifestyle
06-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Hello my name is Thomas and i recently purchased a 2007 X-star ss PWT. The world of inboard motors is new for me let alone a ballast system. The trouble i am haveing is with the typical fill but wont empty. Iv checked all 3the ballast pumps and impellers and all seem to be running smoothe with green impellers. Is there any way my emptying lines could be clogged? Can i run a hose through them to trouble shoot? Any help would be great. I am a quick learner and happy to put in the time and effort.

wrobins1
06-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Unless the system is different than my 02 the ballast pumps fill and drain through the same line. You should be able to figure this out by chasing the lines out from the pumps. If your boat is setup the same way as my then then I think if would have to be something besides a clog causing the problem.

x3lifestyle
06-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Yea it looks as though it fills and drains from the bottom of the hull. Darn, so much for an easy fix.

JRW160
06-05-2012, 01:56 PM
My 2003 drains out the sides. There is a manifold and the intake to the monifold has a check valve that forces the water to drain out the sides in the back.

A friend of mine has a 2007 x2, and I think it drains out the bottom. If yours drains out the bottom, I can't see why it won't drain if it will fill unless somehow the full bags are kinking the hoses or something.

swatguy
06-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Fill and drain out the same line. Have you tried to drain while under way. Sometimes you just need to get a little suction.

Its possible your check valves may be worn and not allowing the system to seal correctly on the empty cycle. There should be check valves on the over flow lines going out your gunwale where the tanks overflow. Replace them and see if that helps

bouchro
06-06-2012, 02:19 PM
May be something in tank that block the exit on the empty cycle.. it is pushed away on filling and comeback in place to block on draining.