PDA

View Full Version : 94 Prostar Windshield issues and parts

Monteluna
06-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Need some help. I went to close the windshield pass through door and found that it was horribly out of line. Further inspection showed two major problems: First the hinge on the door where it connects by screw at the top is split. Secondly, It appears that both sides of the windshield have bowed in at the top. I think I know the cause. I just bought a new cover for the boat a month ago and it fits very snug. I had not been using the support poles because my dock is covered and I was just wanting to keep sun and bugs off of the interior. I also hadn't been closing the pass through door when putting the cover on. We had a huge rain the other day, and several gallons of water was collected on the top of the tarp between the rear seat and the cowling. I think the tightness of the cover and the weight of the water is responsible for the bowing in of the windshields. I'm not sure how the hinge got split.

First I need a new hinge assembly piece. I contacted MC to get a part number and think I can have the part made by Taylor Made. Ideally, one of you kind folks would have one just sitting around. Secondly, how do I get the windshield assemblies back in correct position?

Thanks for any help!

east tx skier
06-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Once the new hinge is in place, loosen the nuts under the port side of the windshield while someone holds the screw heads in place with a screwdriver topside (they're under the gasket material. Realign the windshield and tighten the nuts onto the thru-bolts. If this doesn't work, give the walkthrough piece a good yank (seriously). My dealer did this for me and suggested I look the other way. Worked like a charm though.

Monteluna
06-14-2012, 02:05 PM
I could use some help here. I have contacted MasterCraft by email and voice mail to try and get the part number. I also left a message for the closest MC dealer. I have been waiting almost two weeks and no one will call me back. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this part number? Is there any other MC dealers on this board who would help me out? Thanks guys.

Monteluna
06-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Update: I made another call to MC and they returned it just a bit ago. I now have the part number and I have forwarded that on to Taylor Made. I will post an update when I get it so that others can benefit in the future.

Monteluna
06-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Taylor Made needs me to send them the broken part of the frame so they can use it as a template to make a new on. Does anyone know if the pass through door hinge can be separated in two by removing the long pin that connects the two sides of the hinge?