PDA

View Full Version : How to get 2 people on a surfboard

jafo9
06-04-2012, 01:41 PM
just curious how you dads get your little kids up with you on the surfboard. my daughters have asked me to let them surf with me and i love to know your secrets. i have a 5'4" hyperlite broadcast so i figure it should be big enough for 2 people. thanks.

Fast50dad
06-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Last year my 6 year old would lay on me belly to belly, wrap his arms around my neck. I'd have my heels on the board. Once up, I'd slide him down me. He used the straps on my life jacket to hold on. Good luck!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

SpryBeast
06-04-2012, 02:32 PM
My kids would float with their back against my thighs/waist (depending on how tall) with their feet on middle of the board and their arms wrapped around my legs. I'd then just pull up like normal and they'd be in a face forward position with no further adjustment needed.

gatorguy
06-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I have my kids hold their breath and hand on to my back. J/K. They float in my lap, hold the handle with me with their feet on the board as if I wasn't even there. Then once we are surfing, I will lift them on to my shoulders.

nickespi
06-05-2012, 07:03 AM
I do swim platform starts. It makes it super easy. We start standing and once the wake shapes, we drop in. When we are done, we coast back onto the deck and that's it. Never even get wet haha. Been doing it this way for a while and my daughter was 2 when she first tried it.

madcityskier
06-05-2012, 01:57 PM
I have my kids hold their breath and hand on to my back. J/K. They float in my lap, hold the handle with me with their feet on the board as if I wasn't even there. Then once we are surfing, I will lift them on to my shoulders.

x2 on this. Had very good luck and they're getting a feel for doing it themselves.

TN X-45
06-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Using the "lay back" position, make sure their arms are on top of your legs. They will want to put them behind. Feet on top of board for a kid too, just like you would set up to surf on your own.