PDA

View Full Version : Are these fuel lines safe?

mattb
06-03-2012, 01:01 PM
I was doing some work on my boat today and noticed the fuel lines appear to be pulling out of the hard fitting (i'm not sure what the name is for these fuel lines and their fittings). See pic below. These are on a '95 LT1. What do you guys think - Safe, or should I replace? If recommended to replace, what are these called and does anyone have a part#?

charrison327
06-03-2012, 02:15 PM
I was doing some work on my boat today and noticed the fuel lines appear to be pulling out of the hard fitting (i'm not sure what the name is for these fuel lines and their fittings). See pic below. These are on a '95 LT1. What do you guys think - Safe, or should I replace? If recommended to replace, what are these called and does anyone have a part#?

can't answer the line question, but what do you have in the fuel rail covers....are those acrylic letters or some type of paint? they look really good so just wondering.

mattb
06-03-2012, 02:33 PM
can't answer the line question, but what do you have in the fuel rail covers....are those acrylic letters or some type of paint? they look really good so just wondering.

Those are the corvette covers the come on the LT1. I recently painted them using a krylon fusion and a small paint brush. They turned out pretty good.

charrison327
06-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Those are the corvette covers the come on the LT1. I recently painted them using a krylon fusion and a small paint brush. They turned out pretty good.

Gotcha....going to do the same to mine. Good luck on the fuel line issue. Hope someone helps you out soon

SilviaMan
06-04-2012, 11:34 AM
From the look of the picture, It appears to me that those lines have a cover on them. If it is just a cover then the lines should be ok.

Philscbx
06-04-2012, 11:55 AM
From the look of the picture, It appears to me that those lines have a cover on them. If it is just a cover then the lines should be ok.Good Eye, what I though as well.
If anything - maybe some moral support by a bracket to reduce strain / triple wire tied
like we do to all lines/harnesses on aircraft.

A wire-tie around each line - and one in-between the ones installed to give them suspension support.

No two lines should ever come in contact/vibrate against each other to cause wear.
But then the ship might last too long.

NatesGr8
06-04-2012, 12:06 PM
That's what mine looked like for the 5+ years I had my prostar. I never worried about it.

thatsmrmastercraft
06-04-2012, 12:10 PM
I guess you could just pull on it a bit and see if it lets loose.:rolleyes:

Looks like a cover as SilviaMan pointed out.

mattb
06-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Awesome, thanks guys! I don't think I'm going to worry about it then.

jakethebt
06-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Thread jack... at one time, I think that you could buy plastic letters that went on the covers to say corvette in red.

BrooksfamX2
06-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Thread jack... at one time, I think that you could buy plastic letters that went on the covers to say corvette in red.

do a google search. You can get all kinds of stuff for the fuel rail covers, including custom painted ones. They are very popular in the LT1 and LS1 world of cars.

80starsmn
06-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Yes I purchased red lettering for the rail covers from Mid America Motorworks mamotorworks.com part #609-691 red $18.99. They are peel and stick, but found that a cotton swab to apply a little Goop adhesive to the backs works better.