PDA

View Full Version : Norris lake lodging advice needed

Stritt
06-02-2012, 10:08 PM
We decided to head up to Norris Lake next weekend and are looking for advice on where to stay. My wife has been Doing contract work with a hospital in Knoxville for the past year and will be up there for a couple weeks. So I am going to bring the kids and boat up do we can spend sometime together during this stretch. We are planning on leaving Orlando Thursday and arrive Friday am. Looking to stay thru Sunday night then back to Knoxville on Monday so she can work. Where is a good place to stay? Any advice is welcome, looking to have the boat in the water for the weekend, don't need any fancy just a place to crash after a long day on the lake. Obviously weekly rentals is not what we are looking for on this trip. Thanks!

stt
06-02-2012, 10:28 PM
I did this last year. 2 night min. and you can rent a covered dock in the marina for a fee if they have them. Boat ramp is also there. Cheap and clean, basic but had everything we wanted.

http://www.shanghairesort.com/lodging.php

AZX9
06-02-2012, 11:45 PM
I was out that way in 2004 and stayed close to that shanghai at a resort area called Deerfield. It's basically private home rentals managed by the resort. Have a launch and dock.

Stritt
06-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Thanks guys! They were booked up. Decided to make a longer trip and head to Dale Hollow lake instead and will be at Sunset Marina for the week. This is our old stomping ground so it will be good to get back to the holler:)