PDA

View Full Version : questions on stargazer install on 2001 205V

Rossterman
06-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Read several posts on installing the wakeboard version of the perfect pass w/ stargazer GPS functionality and was planning to do an install in the next couple of weeks. There were a couple of questions on the install that I didn't see addressed in the other posts on the forum:

1. I understand the wiring harnesses are built to accomodate additional options that may or may not be installed on each model. My wiring harness has a number of connectors under the dash and in the engine compartment that aren't plugged into anything- are there existing connections in the wiring loom for installing the system or will I have to tap into key existing power? If so, does anyone have any info on how to identify the correct plug?

2. What happens if I need to S/D quickly? does the system sense the throttle being closed and automatically disengage the speed control on will I have to do this on the dash button to get the boat stopped?

Thanks
Ross

Rossterman
06-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Nobody has any info? How about other models?

NeilM
06-02-2012, 09:46 AM
1. Assuming you don't already have a perfect pass installed in your boat, you will have to run new wiring for the servo, the antenna and power. I wouldn't recommend re-purposing existing cabling. Make sure you have good grounds at the dash and the engine.
The install instructions are pretty good, there's lots of forum info, and Perfect Pass' customer support is excellent.

2. You will never 'fight' the Perfect Pass to disengage; there is no requirement to turn it off at the dash first. (Once you connect up the servo to the throttle, you'll understand better how this is possible.) The Perfect Pass design and programming keeps you in control.

Hope that helps...

Rossterman
06-02-2012, 10:34 AM
1. Assuming you don't already have a perfect pass installed in your boat, you will have to run new wiring for the servo, the antenna and power. I wouldn't recommend re-purposing existing cabling. Make sure you have good grounds at the dash and the engine.
The install instructions are pretty good, there's lots of forum info, and Perfect Pass' customer support is excellent.

2. You will never 'fight' the Perfect Pass to disengage; there is no requirement to turn it off at the dash first. (Once you connect up the servo to the throttle, you'll understand better how this is possible.) The Perfect Pass design and programming keeps you in control.

Hope that helps...

Thanks for the info!
Was really asking if the boat came prewired for perfect pass as it was an option in the brochure. I wasn't thinking to use existing wiring not intended for that use. I know from posts that the 2002 models came prewired (white plug- not sure how many or what color wires in the plug) so wanted to know if 2001 models can use a plug in wiring like 2002s?

Maybe someone with a 2002 can describe the info on the plug to me and i can see if i can locate a similar one in the under dash wiring on mine?
Thanks
Ross

NeilM
06-04-2012, 01:30 AM
On my 2002, the dealer ran net new wiring. I am 95% sure that of using existing wiring was an option, they would have done so.

Rossterman
06-30-2012, 01:03 AM
Yup- perfect pass provided the info on what the plug should look like and mine didnt have it. Followed instructions to tap into other wires and was very easy. Works great and easy to use!