PDA

View Full Version : 2010 X2 Ballasts will not fill /work

brentharvey@gmail.com
05-31-2012, 05:30 PM
Hi Guys. Still a rookie at all of this. I have a 2010 X2 saltwater edition.

I am having an issue with filling the ballasts on the boat. I have done some reading but can not figure it out.

I have confirmed the water valve is open. Confirmed the impellers are not stuck or spun out. Drove at 1500RPM or more etc

I have looked for any fuses but can not find any. I have found the AI box/ control where the ballasts are controlled from. Not much to see at the box but wires.

I switch the ballast switch to fill and there is nothing. Checked the pumps to see if they are running but they do not run. I need to confirm if I have lights on the switches however.

I have also tried to empty the ballasts as well. The pumps are not turning on.

Is there a fuse that I am missing? Has the system timed out and needs a reset somewhere?

If anyone has any suggestions on the 2010 ballast system let me know.

Your help is appreciated before I take it into the shop for a few weeks.

rgardjr1
05-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Is there a fuse that I am missing? Has the system timed out and needs a reset somewhere?

On my 2006 there are breakers/fuses on the relay control box located on the port side under the rear seat. Not sure if this will help or not for your 2010. If you have a multimeter I'd check for voltage at the switch and then back at the control box.

brentharvey@gmail.com
06-01-2012, 10:02 AM
great thanks. No fuses under panel for ballast. I will take a voltage meter to see if power is getting to pumps.

thanks

Any other suggestions or ideas out there?

tr6coug
06-04-2012, 03:39 AM
If you take the pump control box off and turn it over you will see the 3 Jabsco control modules. Check the screws that secure the power wires. I had mine apart today and all of the connections were loose. Most of the terminals did not have any star or lock washers. I added lock washers to each connection and tightened them down.

teamcanada
06-09-2012, 01:27 PM
On my 2010 X14v I am having the same problem with my kgb pump. I cannot find the fuse either. Are there no fuses on these pumps?

CantRepeat
06-09-2012, 01:42 PM
There should not be any fuses in the ballast system. There are circuit breakers and they are pictured above. They have buttons that you push in to reset them.

I've heard the timers are garbage. They were introduced in 07 I believe and they serve the purpose of shutting of the pumps after set amount of time or when voltage draw gets to high. This was done because users would forget to turn the pumps off and either melt the impeller or burn up the motor.

If you can remember to shut them off then removing the timers is an option.