PDA

View Full Version : New boat/New to site

sand2snow22
08-22-2005, 02:27 AM
05 X-2. Just put the 93rd hour on. Today, around hour 90 the ballast pumps quit working....Gotta love a Mastercraft, tho. Great waterski, wakeboard, surf boat.

redmike
08-22-2005, 02:43 AM
nice pic! very nice lookin ride! welcome aboard!

sand2snow22
08-22-2005, 03:10 AM
Thanks......I like your signature.......Original....

It's amazing how many people say "Nice boat" to you. I would say 50% of the people on the highway look pretty hard it's almost a hazard. They look really puzzled about what it is......It's new to us. Having a "Nice Boat". Do you guys get that a lot?

sizzler
08-22-2005, 03:37 AM
all the time......turning up at the ramp and watching the expressions on peoples faces tells me so............

welcome aboard

Davo
08-22-2005, 09:41 AM
That navy blue looks good. You're stoked.

Maybe, your ballast pumps just need primed? I'm no expert, but have heard that it can happen. It's probably a minor fix regardless.

Scot
08-22-2005, 10:06 AM
It's amazing how many people say "Nice boat" to you. I would say 50% of the people on the highway look pretty hard it's almost a hazard. They look really puzzled about what it is......It's new to us. Having a "Nice Boat". Do you guys get that a lot?

It comes with the territory, get used to it! And enjoy it.... :cool: :wavey:
(its hard to be humble when you're perfect in everyway!)

east tx skier
08-22-2005, 10:26 AM
Beautiful boat, S2S22. Welcome to the site.

parks_jr_55
08-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Can you post a picture of your wakes.

One at 21 with ballast and all and then one at 32 if you dont mind.

I really like the X2's and think it would make a great boat for our next one.

sand2snow22
08-22-2005, 12:36 PM
I'll try to get some pics next time we're out. The X-2 is changing in 2006 to a pickle fork, and the current X-2 will be the X-1 starting at $40k.

JDRCREW8
08-22-2005, 01:11 PM
S2S22 I had the same thing happen to me this weekend. I have an '04 X-10 that I bought new from Portland Ski Boat in April. This weekend with 50ish hours after I filled the ballast the port side only went out. No light on the switch at all and no sound.

So far the guys at the shop have been excellent. I am planning on talking to them about it this week, early if I can get it done. I ended up having to leave port tank filled since there is no pump now, so I left the stb. side full as well for the trip home and pulled directly into a 20-30 mph wind coming back to Portland up the gorge. Made for a less than fuel-efficient pull. At least I didn't have to go over the mountain on Hwy. 26 or 22. Post or PM me if you talk to the guys about your pumps and I will do the same.

Is that Detriot in your profile pic?

sand2snow22
08-22-2005, 07:15 PM
JD..Went down to the shop today. Turns out my impellers are fried. This happens when you forget to turn off the ballast switches once the tanks are emptied. 3 impellers = $84. In my X-2 the one under the back seat is easy to change, the back ones are difficult. I'm currently in the process of doing the back ones, but had to take a break. Sweating too much.

Yours might be an electircal problem? My lights still light up. Call down to Portland Ski Boat center and ask for Brandon, he'll hook you up with a solution. Dave, Dave, and Mark are out today.......

Picture is from a lake in Idaho.....Where do you ride around here?

bradamerry
08-22-2005, 10:10 PM
welcome aboard, great looking ride!

sand2snow22
08-23-2005, 01:06 AM

Parks.. Found this pic. Full ballast, 22 MPH, three people in the boat. Eight people in the boat, the wake of course is bigger and usually ride 23-24 mph....I'm still searching for a waterski picture that includes the wake.....

sand2snow22
08-23-2005, 02:50 AM

Parks. Found this waterski pic at 30.4 MPH. 32 and higher = flatter wake!!!

Ryan
08-23-2005, 05:12 PM
Beautiful! Nice compro pics.

What lake is that???

sand2snow22
08-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Beautiful! Nice compro pics.

What lake is that???

Thank you. And thanks everyone for the nice comments. That lake is Priest Lake. In the pan handle of Idaho. I've been to many places (not really) and Priest is the best place in the world. I would highly recommend getting up there. Keep on the down low, tho??? ;)

AirJunky
08-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Thank you. And thanks everyone for the nice comments. That lake is Priest Lake. In the pan handle of Idaho. I've been to many places (not really) and Priest is the best place in the world. I would highly recommend getting up there. Keep on the down low, tho??? ;)
No worries. I live less than an hour from Priest & we bring sail boats, not ski boats, there. And it ain't because the sailing sucks either..... :twocents:

bucky
08-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Isn't the panhandle of Idaho somewhere nearthe arctic circle? What's the water temp there?

sand2snow22
08-23-2005, 06:19 PM
No worries. I live less than an hour from Priest & we bring sail boats, not ski boats, there. And it ain't because the sailing sucks either..... :twocents:

Yes, I hear you. It can get windy. Forgot to mention that, usually we need some down time to let our bodies recover

X2M
08-23-2005, 06:43 PM
Oooh Pretty Boat!! I like the blue alot. If we had a choice when we got ours I think that blue would have been it.

I agree with you that the X2 is a great all around boat. We ski and wakeboard behind ours all the time. Haven't tried the surf wake yet.

Did your X2 decal come like that or did you modify it? I haven't seen one like that before. Ours had flames inside the webs.

:)

sand2snow22
08-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Isn't the panhandle of Idaho somewhere nearthe arctic circle? What's the water temp there?

20 miles from the Canadian border. Water temp over the 4th was 70, water temp the second week in August was 74.....Not too bad. Warm enough to deep water start at 7 am....

AirJunky
08-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Not gettin out often? Our water temps were in the low 80s on Liberty, about an hour or so from the border. Sunday the air temps were over 100 here.

X2M
08-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Ok Sand2snow22 as promised here is a picture of my boat. 2005 X2 with the MCX engine. It does not have as many hours as yours (60 - 70). We love it!! :love:

X2M
08-23-2005, 07:40 PM
And one on the water with the family too. :)

sand2snow22
08-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Ok Sand2snow22 as promised here is a picture of my boat. 2005 X2 with the MCX engine. It does not have as many hours as yours (60 - 70). We love it!! :love:

I like it. Love the black stripes, too. MCX is the way to go, gets you out of the water and sucks down the gas. Congrats on the one ski. My fiancee just got up on one ski.

X2M
08-23-2005, 07:56 PM
I like it. Love the black stripes, too. MCX is the way to go, gets you out of the water and sucks down the gas. Congrats on the one ski. My fiancee just got up on one ski.

Thank you. :D I am so excited I finally got up. Took forever. Everytime we go out now I both wakeboard and ski. I have even mastered (I think ;) ) getting up on the first pull.

Now I just have to work on going over the wake and back (on the ski). I keep shifting my hips like I'm on a wakeboard.

sand2snow22
08-23-2005, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=X2momma]Thank you. :D I am so excited I finally got up. Took forever. Everytime we go out now I both wakeboard and ski. I have even mastered (I think ;) ) getting up the first pull.

Now I just have to work on going over the wake and back (on the ski). I keep shifting my hips like I'm on a wakeboard.[/QUOTE

It is fun. I like skiing, wakeboarding, and surfing all for different reasons.

You're on a roll now, gotta check out surfing sometime....Easier than wakeboarding.

Ryan
08-23-2005, 09:38 PM
I thought I recognized it. I have scoped out that area and hope to buy lake front on Priest or Pend Orielle some day.

sand2snow22
08-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Not gettin out often? Our water temps were in the low 80s on Liberty, about an hour or so from the border. Sunday the air temps were over 100 here.

Can you say global warming. Do you remember when Priest used to freeze over?

PendO
08-23-2005, 10:34 PM

It definitely has not helped with the seaweed.

Ours was 72 last weekend ... 76-77 the weekend before ... not sure if it was colder up in Sandpoint or Bayview ... actually the water is a little cooler than years past right now, the cool nights really take it down.

bucky
08-24-2005, 09:28 AM
My only experience there was the first week of April around Lewiston one year(not skiing). I never would have thought the water temp could get above 60 that far north. I may have to go back now.

Workin' 4 Toys
08-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Thanks......I like your signature.......Original....

The last time I had it out (on the trailer, not even in the water) I was pulled over on two sep. occasions, just to find out they wanted details about it.:) Kind of cool.
Needless to say, I filled them in with every detail, and we were on our way.

sand2snow22
08-24-2005, 02:55 PM
The last time I had it out (on the trailer, not even in the water) I was pulled over on two sep. occasions, just to find out they wanted details about it.:) Kind of cool.
Needless to say, I filled them in with every detail, and we were on our way.

Last Sunday on the way to the lake, I pulled over to fill her up. A guy got out of his car with his son and said, "I want to go with you." (Looks like they were headed to do some bank fishing.) We chatted, he said lots of nice things about the boat in which I thanked him. I know he was partly kidding, but there was only 4 of us that day, as I continued to the lake, I thought I should have invited him. I know complete strangers, but that's just the way I am. It would have made their day...and I still would have had 1 ski run, 2 wakeboard runs and a surf run in......

ski_patrol_72
08-24-2005, 03:17 PM
A few months ago I was pulling into the dock to get some fuel, the docks were busy as always, and this guy and his little girl were standing there watching all the boats come in and out. But the guy was asking questions about the lake and the boat ect ect. We sat and chatted for 20 mins easily (the tank was empty, took a bit to fill) Just as I was getting ready to leave back to the cabin, I thought sure why not invite them out on the lake for a tour and mabey a quick ski. I offered, and they were more then excited, the girls face lit up like a light bulb, that made my day to see these peoples faces and for me to share the experience out on the water. I hope that mabey one day when im traveling, that offer will come my way and other people will do that same. We in the boating community are able to bring smiles to people with such a simple gesture. Blue skies.

parks_jr_55
08-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the pictures.

Looks like a good V-Drive for skiing. Thats what i want for our next boat....if that happens.

AirJunky
08-24-2005, 04:17 PM
I thought I recognized it. I have scoped out that area and hope to buy lake front on Priest or Pend Orielle some day.
I hope for your sake you mean the Pende O'reille river. The lake is so big it seems to always be blown out. The river is glass day in & day out.

sand2snow22
08-24-2005, 05:54 PM
A few months ago I was pulling into the dock to get some fuel, the docks were busy as always, and this guy and his little girl were standing there watching all the boats come in and out. But the guy was asking questions about the lake and the boat ect ect. We sat and chatted for 20 mins easily (the tank was empty, took a bit to fill) Just as I was getting ready to leave back to the cabin, I thought sure why not invite them out on the lake for a tour and mabey a quick ski. I offered, and they were more then excited, the girls face lit up like a light bulb, that made my day to see these peoples faces and for me to share the experience out on the water. I hope that mabey one day when im traveling, that offer will come my way and other people will do that same. We in the boating community are able to bring smiles to people with such a simple gesture. Blue skies.

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm sure they'll be telling that story for a long time. Probably a little easier to trust folks in your neck of the woods. Can still trust people here, just have to be more selective.....