PDA

View Full Version : Ballast pump issues

sand2snow22
08-22-2005, 12:19 AM
Hello all. Have a 2005 X-2, usually try to fill/empty ballast above 1500 rpm like the owners manual says. Tried filling today and it took forever. Now the front sack is full and will not empty, pump sounds like it is trying to work, but nothing comes out. Do you think debri could be clogging the line or is it an electrical/pump issue. :eek:

Any suggestions would help, will call dealer tomorrow as well....Thanks...

PendO
08-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Dude, breath easy, cause I'll bet $20 it is your impeller in the pump ... they go out often, cost a few bucks, probably worth it to keep an extra around. Take a look at this past topic http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=86679#post86679

It is like the impeller in your water pump, only a bit smaller ... if the pump get left on a bit too long when emptying it you can toast the impeller, which will result in no suction, not allowing you to empty or fill ... first sign of it going out is slow filling/emptying.

sand2snow22
08-22-2005, 12:42 AM
Thank you so much. I will check out that post. I'm going to try to paste a picture that was taken up in your neck of the woods one week ago at Priest Lake.....Smallest I can get the pic is 252k?

Where should I look on the pump for the impeller? Thanks in advance...

PendO
08-22-2005, 01:18 AM
http://mymastercraft.com/Forum/view_thread.cfm?offset=0&maxperpage=20&forum=83&category=2&postid=83

http://mymastercraft.com/Forum/view_thread.cfm?postid=2823&forum=2823&category=2

For more ballast questions check out these two threads on www.mymastercraft.com

Also, as for where the impeller is ... my brother changes them (pecking order), I believe you just take off the front cover on the pump ... but I'll bet someone can post a picture for you, otherwise I can post one tomorrow after we come back from the water.

sand2snow22
08-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Installed 3 new impellers today. Back ones are a pain. Wouldn't have known without you. Glad it wasn't an electical/pump issue. Dealer said to use marine grease on the inside of the housing and on the impeller itself to extend the life. Thanks again. Do you ski on Pend Oreille River/Lake?

PendO
08-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Installed 3 new impellers today. Back ones are a pain. Wouldn't have known without you. Glad it wasn't an electical/pump issue. Dealer said to use marine grease on the inside of the housing and on the impeller itself to extend the life. Thanks again. Do you ski on Pend Oreille River/Lake?
Sand2Snow ... We ski on the river ... but we are above the dam (Albeni Falls Dam) at Newport, WA by a few miles, so we can go all of the way to the end of the lake down by Bayview, ID if we want to go for a all day boat ride. [the river and lake are separated by the "long bridge" in Sandpoint, ID ... once you cross under it you are on the lake] When you were up at Priest Lake did you go hwy 2, then up to Priest River and head north to Priest Lake? If so, we are between Priest River, ID and Newport, WA. If you get up this way again PM me and stop by for a pull, or if you need a dock to ski off feel free... glad it was just the impellers, I asked my brother and he said that one of the pumps is a bit more of a pain in the arse to change b/c it is upside down ... glad it all worked out:)

sand2snow22
08-22-2005, 11:52 PM
My Aunt and Uncle have a cabin at Priest and we get up there every year, for the past 29 years. Best place in the world, Northern Idaho. I know exactly where you are. It's always glass when I cross that bridge. Saw the boat races on the way back. Again, thanks for the help and I might have to take you up on that pull. Gotta see what the X-Star is all about!!! Cheers....