PDA

View Full Version : 2012 X25 Ilmor ENGINE ELECTRIC FALL OUT

X25 ED
05-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Took delivery of our 2012 X25 with the basic Ilmor 5,7 engine in april this year. Due to bad weather we did not use the boat more than 12 hours untill 2 weeks ago. When we went out the engine overheat warning in the dash came up and I directly shut her down. After contact with the dealer the conclusion was a broken circulation pump (not the impellor) a week later the pump was replaced and problem solved.

But then 2 days later (and 6 hours without any problem)
I had engine and electric fall outs for a lot off times, on low speed and on high speed all electricity falls out (touchscreen and analog clocks like speedo, engine temp, rpm etc, etc) after everything is out it restarts (automatically) the electric system and I can start the engine again. Some time it takes a hour before it happens again and some times it happens ten times in 20 minutes:(

Dealer does not now what it is and MC said this is new they never had a problem like this:confused:

Finally the sun is shinning and after ordering the boat last year now we can not use it:mad::mad:

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ADVISE WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE

snork
05-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Must be something in the air

JimN
05-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Took delivery of our 2012 X25 with the basic Ilmor 5,7 engine in april this year. Due to bad weather we did not use the boat more than 12 hours untill 2 weeks ago. When we went out the engine overheat warning in the dash came up and I directly shut her down. After contact with the dealer the conclusion was a broken circulation pump (not the impellor) a week later the pump was replaced and problem solved.

But then 2 days later (and 6 hours without any problem)
I had engine and electric fall outs for a lot off times, on low speed and on high speed all electricity falls out (touchscreen and analog clocks like speedo, engine temp, rpm etc, etc) after everything is out it restarts (automatically) the electric system and I can start the engine again. Some time it takes a hour before it happens again and some times it happens ten times in 20 minutes:(

Dealer does not now what it is and MC said this is new they never had a problem like this:confused:

Finally the sun is shinning and after ordering the boat last year now we can not use it:mad::mad:

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ADVISE WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE

Have you used the boat on water that has a lot of weeds and other vegetation? Check the oil cooler and if it has one, the strainer that filters the water as it comes into the engine. If you see weeds in the strainer, clear them out and check the impeller for damaged vanes. If you have a bad impeller, replace it. If it has missing vanes, you'll need to find them before using it again.

vision
05-30-2012, 09:32 PM
We had similar problems with our VDIG when first took delivery in 2008. Finally replaced both batteries and the random reboots of the VDIG stopped. Might be worth a try.

ddanenberger
05-30-2012, 10:50 PM
check your grounds...one bank under the dash, one drives side front seat behind the false panel and one by the transmision in the ceter a "B" to get to. Some of ours were loose on our '12

mikeg205
05-30-2012, 10:55 PM
I would not be happy... new technology...ugh....MC should give you a boat to use until they fix it... oh well.... so sorry..

-V-
05-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Isn't it under warranty? You should not have to worry about finding the problem if it is.......nice to know the problem in the long run but they should be able to take care of it.......... am I wrong here?

mastercraft210
05-31-2012, 04:04 PM
I would not be happy... new technology...ugh....MC should give you a boat to use until they fix it... oh well.... so sorry..The problem is that mastercraft is in the us and they will not ship a boat to the dealer for one broken boat.

X25 ED
05-31-2012, 04:37 PM
Must be something in the air

I wish;) it would be that simple

Have you used the boat on water that has a lot of weeds and other vegetation? Check the oil cooler and if it has one, the strainer that filters the water as it comes into the engine. If you see weeds in the strainer, clear them out and check the impeller for damaged vanes. If you have a bad impeller, replace it. If it has missing vanes, you'll need to find them before using it again.

they circulation pump is fixed and the temp is oke the thing is it reboots (and therefore the engine shuts down) without any structure, can be a broken impeller then do you think?

We had similar problems with our VDIG when first took delivery in 2008. Finally replaced both batteries and the random reboots of the VDIG stopped. Might be worth a try.

will give it a try dealer is at the boat tomorrow

check your grounds...one bank under the dash, one drives side front seat behind the false panel and one by the transmision in the ceter a "B" to get to. Some of ours were loose on our '12

we will check ALL CONNECTORS tomorrow with the dealer

I would not be happy... new technology...ugh....MC should give you a boat to use until they fix it... oh well.... so sorry..

that is a bit difficult because I live in europe and MC is in the US, but must say the dealer is working hard to get the correct info only it wont be an easy thing

Isn't it under warranty? You should not have to worry about finding the problem if it is.......nice to know the problem in the long run but they should be able to take care of it.......... am I wrong here?

Yes it is under warranty, and they work on it but the strange thing is that it is so hard to find because it is very random and there is not any structure in it . MC

The problem is that mastercraft is in the us and they will not ship a boat to the dealer for one broken boat.

I must say that I think if the problem takes verry long the dealer will supply help with a boat, but it must be said that not everything here in Europe can be claimed for the dealer by MC. So the dealer must solve it in the first place.

X25 ED
05-31-2012, 04:43 PM
thanks for all the input,

as said above tomorrow the dealer we be there and we will run through the entire boat disconnect and reconnect every connector, check all the grounds, replace the battery's,give it a check with the computer, and go for some test driving (if there is no rain).

hopefully it will be "out of the air" then:(

I keep you posted and if there is someone out here with any idea please share:rolleyes:

THANKS AGAIN

Alan-S
05-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Check the main harness connector on the back of your GDIG gauge (center gauge.) I had a loose one on a new boat last week. This one will shut down your entire dash and ignition. It has a very positive engagement when it is connected properly.

ddanenberger
05-31-2012, 11:07 PM
I am told the GDIG is the first device on the CAN circuit. anything loose will cause major issues.

X25 ED
06-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Oke guys the problem is solved:)
tonight!! the dealer came and we checked about every connector we could find, and ran through the boat to check the cables if nothing was loose. After that we did a test drive at the lake and it took about 45 min before the problem came out. Engine out and all power gone, automatic reboot in 3-5 seconds and we could start engine again.

The mechanic checked but could not find anything, restart and off we went again.

In about 7 minutes again the some problem then the mechanic checked a cable in the engine compartment (between the engine and the rear seat) which runs to the 50Amp automatic fuse. THE CABLE WAS HOT AND the connection was not tight enough outside cable was melted at the end and coloured.

Then we restart the engine and moved the cable directly the engine went of and the reboot started, so for sure this must be it.

See the attached picture!

Fixed the cable made a test drive and everything felt oke:) no more problems

THANKS TB-boten netherlands for the good service again fridaynight just before the weekend, hope NOT to see you again for service this year:D

ps on the second pic you can see the small red cable has melted plastic on the connector and the bolt is a bit brown

mastercraft210
10-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Hi Ed.
Still happy with youre x25.
It is almost time to call me and winterize it my friend.