PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have copy of LT1 cooling service bulletin?

kpickett
05-30-2012, 03:38 PM
http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=31626&highlight=lt-1

I need to move the bleeders from the rear of the engine to the front, as referenced in the above thread. I can't find a dealer who has the kit, but the service bulletin has the parts list and instructions. Does anyone have the bulletin - MC96-001 - scanned that they can email me or post? I've searched the forum, and I can't find anywhere that it's been posted.

Thanks in advance.

KWP

pram
05-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Call Corey at Midwest Mastercraft

Toll Free: 800-625-9666

pram
05-30-2012, 04:00 PM
I wouldn't remove the bleeders off the back as it is a huge undertaking

Just cap it off and add the front pieces

kpickett
05-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Call Corey at Midwest Mastercraft

Toll Free: 800-625-9666

Thanks, I did call him about the parts kit, but they were out. I didn't ask him about the bulletin.

Jerseydave
05-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Thanks, I did call him about the parts kit, but they were out. I didn't ask him about the bulletin.

It's not that difficult to remove the steam tube from the rear of the engine. Since the kit is no longer available, I used brass fittings from Home Depot with 3/8" fuel hose. One fitting is a 90 degree elbow and the other is a T fitting. The holes in the heads are 1/4" NPT (national pipe thread)

Because of my high mounted alternator I had to keep mine at the rear of the engine. Gonna keep an eye on my temp guage.

BTW, my bleeder tube was pretty much clogged with junk, doubt it was working very well for the old owner. It was leaking that's why I replaced it.

Jerseydave
05-30-2012, 09:55 PM
BTW, are you having any overheating issues? What year is your Lt-1?

kpickett
05-30-2012, 10:57 PM
BTW, are you having any overheating issues? What year is your Lt-1?

No serious overheating. The temp tends to stay under 180, but it does heatsoak a bit. Our lake gets up towards 90 degrees in the summer, and it tends to heat a bit more then.

Every now and then it seems to get a bubble in the system. If I shut off and restart it always clears out, or I can rev it and clear it out. The problem is when someone else is driving me, they don't watch the temp as closely as I do. I'm hoping that moving the bleeder tubes will keep a bubble from forming.

I've thought about installing a digital temp gauge with sensor to get a more exact temp reading. Anyone done this?

pram
05-31-2012, 12:54 PM
It's not that difficult to remove the steam tube from the rear of the engine. Since the kit is no longer available, I used brass fittings from Home Depot with 3/8" fuel hose. One fitting is a 90 degree elbow and the other is a T fitting. The holes in the heads are 1/4" NPT (national pipe thread)

Because of my high mounted alternator I had to keep mine at the rear of the engine. Gonna keep an eye on my temp guage.

BTW, my bleeder tube was pretty much clogged with junk, doubt it was working very well for the old owner. It was leaking that's why I replaced it.

When I looked at taking mine off there was a pile of other stuff that I had to take off also. I just wasn't into it I guess.

Kevin@MWMC
08-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Please see here: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=31626&page=11