PDA

View Full Version : Towing With the Cover On or Off

Lucky26
05-30-2012, 09:13 AM
How many of you guys or gals tow with the cover on your boat? My longest tow is approx 2 hours and I have not been towing with the cover on. I did tow the boat from my house to the storage with the cover on and did not notice any excessive flapping, but this was only a few miles and at about 45 mph. Towing with it on would keep dust a debris out of the boat, but would it mark the hull? What do you guys do?

coz
05-30-2012, 09:48 AM
No cover, and I have a trailer-able one too, but still no.

BrooksfamX2
05-30-2012, 09:56 AM
There is already 3-4 page thread here about this. I'll see if I can frind it.

Got it:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=47663&highlight=cover

bcd
06-02-2012, 03:47 PM
I've got a couple of 4-5 hour tows coming up. I'm going with no cover and the tower folded down (zft2). The 2 questions I have are my bow filler cushion and the wind door. I'm a little concerned about my bow filler cushion staying in, so I'm going to pull it before I go. Does anyone leave it in, and have you had any issues with it staying? I was also debating whether to close the cockpit wind block door, or not. I would assume I'd get better gas mileage with it open, but maybe fewer bug splats if I close it? If you go no cover, do leave the door open or closed?

Stefan
06-02-2012, 07:20 PM
I towed once without cover for only about 15miles but won't ever do it again, the bugs finding their last rest on your upholstery will leave spots that you won't get rid of, no matter what you use... :mad:

CantRepeat
06-02-2012, 07:40 PM
I towed once without cover for only about 15miles but won't ever do it again, the bugs finding their last rest on your upholstery will leave spots that you won't get rid of, no matter what you use... :mad:

Not sure what bugs you have but we two 40 miles round trip every day on the weekend and it's not an issue.

X25 ED
06-03-2012, 05:03 PM
I tow with the cover on without a problem even trips over 1200km (holiday) with speeds up to 120-130kph.

Have not tried a long trip with the new 2012 X25, but think it is even better because the ZFT5p goes completely under the cover. So no more bugs and dirt on the tower:D