PDA

View Full Version : Engine Just Shut Down

psychobilly
05-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Well some of you may remember that GTS-20 gave me a pull back to the ramp a few weeks back. Well I finally completed the fix. The engine just lost fuel that day. I pulled the fuel pump off and tested it and it worked fine. I narrowed it down to the Fuel Pressure Switch. It still has the OEM 3 prong one on it. I called SKIDIM and talked to Vince the better part of an hour trouble shooting as it had one wire going to the "S" post on the starter. Even after talking to James Mccrieght that was awesome and sent me the Indmar wiring diagrams, they too showed it going to the "S" post... I tried hot wiring it like that and the starter wanted to stay engaged... After talking ot Vince he said it have one wire from the "I" post on the starter, One wire Hot "Purple" and the other to the pump. The new Fuel pressure switches are 2 post. I tied the "I" Post wire and the Fuel Pump wire together and then the Purple wire to the other post. Vwallla, it works great!

Thanks for all the help guys!!! and thanks out to JimN who I think suggested the wire connectors that have the solder.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
05-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Glad it all worked out,:woohoo:

psychobilly
05-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah I chased down that volt gauge gremlin too. I swapped a bunch of wire connectors behind the dash. I found that the kill switch lanyard wire was getting hot. I stroked the little button in and out several times and seemed like the wire wasn't getting hot anymore, then my volt gauge started reading 12 1/2 volts or there bouts. I then took off for a little test spin and when I turned on my radio my volt gauge was bounce'n to the beat! lmao Not sure where my issue is there.... It does look like a rats nest behind that thing!!! And I might add that it ain't nothing special of a sound system either. It's a plain jane radio.... I guess I need to check my ground on that issue??? I still have a load of connectors to change out. My neutral safety switch has a splice and some crappy connectors on it too... I checked all my voltage at my battery and at the Alternator and it's all good there. I checked the voltage going to my fuel pressure switch and it's at about 11 3/4 volts so I gotta do some checking there...

I'm really happy with those wire connectors! They are the best thing since sliced bread!!!

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
05-29-2012, 09:04 PM
She's coming along,in a perfect world typically you don't want anything higher than a .2v drop in any circuit except for starter and alternator which is .5v, Just remember the greater the resistance the greater the voltage drop and each connector could be a .1v drop too. I'll let you know about sunday.

mcparadise
06-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Some nice wire connectors are mentioned w/solder in this thread. Can you give me more details? They sound great.

psychobilly
06-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Heat and Seal Wire Connectors and they are great!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Appliance-10067-Multiseal-Assortment/dp/B004YUEG5C/ref=sr_1_5?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1339456580&sr=1-5&keywords=wire+connectors+heat+and+seal