PDA

View Full Version : Stars and Stripes boat cover for newbie

Sierra Tango II
05-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Hello, Im a newbie to the Mastercraft scene. I just bought my first boat, its a 1983 Stars and Stripes and I love it. I am wondering why I waited til I was 39 to buy one. I know from looking on this sight and other boat sights that I belong to that pics are a must however my phone is at the bottom of the lake that I was skiing on last weekend. I looked through the different threads on this sight and didnt see anything specific(however if there is one that I missed please share with me know the link), but I need a cover for it and am wondering if anybody has any comments, or suggestions on who I should buy one from and or what kind I should get. I really want one that is made specifically for my boat and I know that sunbrella is usually the fabric of choice but Im open to options. Thanks in advance for any advice.

oxberger
05-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Welcome to Team Talk! I would suggest having one custom made for you using Sunbrella. It'll be hard to find an aftermarket one that fits properly or that doesn't wear out quickly. Since I'm in TN I'm not sure of anyone around you I could suggest, but I know someone will be around to help out. Sorry about your phone, but you should buy a cheap digital to at least put some eye candy up.:D

Sierra Tango II
05-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Thanks Oxberger. The best I can do is the craiglist ad. Its the best I can do until I get a new phone. Going Commando this time with Casios new indestructible phone. She needs some upholstery and the stars and stripes put back on, but for my needs its perfect, and it gets me back on the water skiing. I grew up with these boats and as far as Im concerned they are classics.

mzimme
05-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Good looking boat! Let me know what you learn, as I have an 83 S&S as well that I'd love a cover for.

Sierra Tango II
05-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Good looking boat! Let me know what you learn, as I have an 83 S&S as well that I'd love a cover for.

Thanks. I was hoping to find a company that specialized in custom covers and had the pattern and all i had to do was order, but what Im finding is that even though they advertise custom fit covers for over 70,000 boats, what their selling is a generic one size should fit all. Its summer and I use it every day. I dont want it sitting at someones shop for a week, while I wait for it. I live in Michigan, and i take advantage of every summer day that we have. If I have to wait, Ill have someone make one in the winter months for it.

Miss Rita
05-29-2012, 04:07 PM
Since you live in Michigan, call Mike at skiboatcovers.com in Flint. He will make a custom cover out of whatever material you want, have it shipped to you in less than a week. I've bought two covers from him, first-rate product, good service.

mzimme
05-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Saw this... might help with some ideas.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=39609

BrianM
05-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Definitely www.skiboatcovers.com (http://www.skiboatcovers.com) Mike is good people and makes a really nice cover. And definitely go with Sunbrella. If it is stored outside much go with a waterline cover which covers nearly all of the sides of the boat and the platform.