PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 1988 Prostar 190 - 454-HO restored $13,500

jconover
05-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Restoration diary here: http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=40435

The boat in the above thread is for sales. Asking $13,500.

I just bought a new X-14V, and I have half a mind to just trade it in to the dealer, which means that if you're at all serious about a perfectly restored Prostar 190 with a 425HP 7.4L 454-HO, you would be getting a great deal. As you can tell if you do the math in the restoration thread, I've got over $20,000 into this boat, plus a year of labor (labor of love)

I've put it in the marketplace for $13,500. Boat has 950 hours - top end was rebuilt at 904, bottom was rebuilt at 450 - should be years before you need to do anything more than change the oil, raw water pump, fuel filter, and maybe tranny fluid every few years. :):) You can make me an offer, but I think my asking price is more than fair.

http://www.mastercraft.com/market/showproduct.php?product=4326

Here's the difference between the $6500 boat I bought and the one you'd be buying:
NDT Tower ($2200)
950W JL class D dual-amp stereo with kenwood head end. ($1500)
Dual bullet HLCDs on the tower, JL marine sub under the bow. JBL-652 house speakers. ($1000)
Completely new electrical system front to back. (starter, ignition, coil, alternator, batteries converted to a dual-battery system, all new 00-gauge electrical) ($1000)
3-event perfect pass cruise control system ($1000)
All new carpet and brand new interior - vinyl work by Jim Jackson at Viper Customs ($2000)

Oh, and of course all the gelcoat and engine work, which I consider table stakes to buy a boat of this quality (that's were the rest of the money is in this project)

barefoot
05-28-2012, 10:47 PM
Why all the time and energy into a rebuild to than buy a new boat?

Pretty awesome if I do say so myself!

mikeg205
05-28-2012, 10:59 PM
to save an MC from the scrap heap... :D

jconover
05-28-2012, 11:23 PM
You know they say a picture is worth a thousand words... in this case, it takes two.

The answer to the question is partly "poor planning" - I have 4 kids. I thought it would be a great boat for my kids and my wife and I. It is. What I forgot is that they all have friends that want to come along.

Here's a picture of us on the water last labor day.
The second picture shows my "other boat" - a smoker craft - with the overflow people that didn't fit in the first boat. :-)

williamv97
07-03-2013, 03:20 PM
jconover , would you be able to send me some more pictures of your prostar 190 you have for sale? If you can you can e-mail them to me at williamv97@gmail.com. I currently have a 1969 Starcraft with a 60 hp evinrude and it pulled me up fine and got me going at 32 mph with 28 off last year but after gaining 5 inches and 50 pounds, it just doesn't work anymore. Now that the kids at camp and even the adults are becoming skiing enthusiasts we need something a little more than what we have and a friend of ours recently purchased a 1988 prostar 190 with a 351 in it and we love it and would love to get our hands on something like it, especially if it has more power ;) Let me know about pictures if possible and it will be greatly appreciated,

Thank you,
Will

stuartmcnair
07-03-2013, 03:59 PM
those model 190's are so freaking awesome. Good luck with the sale. I plan on starting a refurb on mine later this year.

d2jp
07-03-2013, 04:05 PM
jconover , would you be able to send me some more pictures of your prostar 190 you have for sale? If you can you can e-mail them to me at williamv97@gmail.com. I currently have a 1969 Starcraft with a 60 hp evinrude and it pulled me up fine and got me going at 32 mph with 28 off last year but after gaining 5 inches and 50 pounds, it just doesn't work anymore. Now that the kids at camp and even the adults are becoming skiing enthusiasts we need something a little more than what we have and a friend of ours recently purchased a 1988 prostar 190 with a 351 in it and we love it and would love to get our hands on something like it, especially if it has more power ;) Let me know about pictures if possible and it will be greatly appreciated,

Thank you,
Will

FYI - his post was from a year ago, the boat is probably sold....but there are a lot of 80's era Prostars/Tristars around for sale, shouldn't be hard to find a good used one. They are great boats that pull great with the 351 engine (especially the powerslot trans). and if he didn't sell it, good luck with the potential purchase!

JohnnyB
07-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Joel sold this boat but it was recently posted for sale by its current owner on CL in Wausau, WI...not sure if it is still out there

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

RADAR69
07-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Need Tips.

How Was The Job Of Replacing The Carpet Done ?

I Have Dash Helm Studs Breaking Off My 1998 Ps 190. Did You Encounter That Problem Also. If So How Did You Repair ?

Thank You.

Jacques