PDA

View Full Version : Indmar Code reader

Masternorth
05-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Hi,

I have had battery issues and I get the check engine message. I changed the battery and after 3 cycles of start, warm, stop, I still get an error message. I would like to be able to find the reason for the message and the dealer is too far away and I don't want to lose a precious week-end to go there.

I am looking for a not too expensive way of just knowing what the message is for. I found this old tread: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25878 but the readers listed there are about 700$. i am not a mechanic but if it's easy to fix, I am up for it.

Engine is a Indmar MCX 2008.

Thanks!

g-mantrix
05-28-2012, 06:59 PM
try disconnecting the battery, I believe this will remove alarm

snork
05-28-2012, 08:00 PM
You'll need at least 6 cold starts to clear the code if all is good with your stats
and thats overnight between starts to count as one

Masternorth
05-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks, I'll need to be more patient but the engine keeps cutting off to stay below 3,000 rpm:mad: which tells me there might be another problem...

Anybody found a cheap device to check the codes?

93Prostar190
05-28-2012, 10:58 PM
I bought the reader from www.rinda.com .... Great product but pricey.

snork
05-29-2012, 10:10 AM
cam sensor?

Sodar
05-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi,

I have had battery issues and I get the check engine message. I changed the battery and after 3 cycles of start, warm, stop, I still get an error message. I would like to be able to find the reason for the message and the dealer is too far away and I don't want to lose a precious week-end to go there.

I am looking for a not too expensive way of just knowing what the message is for. I found this old tread: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25878 but the readers listed there are about 700$. i am not a mechanic but if it's easy to fix, I am up for it.

Engine is a Indmar MCX 2008.

Thanks!

I had a similar issue last weekend. It took 3 nights for the alarm to clear. That said, I do not believe that a low voltage alarm puts the boat into limp mode, as I was able to run the whole weekend, I just got the Check Engine alarm on start-up. It sounds like there may be a little more going on than low voltage.

Please let me know if you find a cheap alternative!

Masternorth
05-29-2012, 11:33 AM
I also had an issue with my engine overheating for 30 seconds as my water line was not hooked-up tight enough following de-winterization. I put the line back and the engine temp came down to normal. That would be the cause for the limp mode but once the problem is solved (...to my knowledge:rolleyes:) how long will the computer put the engine on limp mode?

Thanks

Sodar
05-29-2012, 11:35 AM
I also had an issue with my engine overheating for 30 seconds as my water line was not hooked-up tight enough following de-winterization. I put the line back and the engine temp came down to normal. That would be the cause for the limp mode but once the problem is solved (...to my knowledge:rolleyes:) how long will the computer put the engine on limp mode?

Thanks

It takes 3 complete warm up and cool down cycles. So basically, 3 days of running and 3 nights of cooling down.

Last weekend, I got the alarm Friday afternoon and when I pulled the boat out of the water Tuesday morning the alarm had finally cleared.

Masternorth
05-29-2012, 12:27 PM
I only use the boat during the week-ends so I will hope that next Sunday the problem is gone!!! Disconnecting battery does not clear codes, right?

Sodar
05-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Nope. Disconnecting the battery does nothing.