PDA

View Full Version : Interior panel

bzettler83
05-28-2012, 05:44 PM
2003 x30
So the other day at the lake a friend decided to step up on the drivers side arm rest / side throttle panel and ripped it off.... Long story short where can I buy a replacement panel?

I already jerryrigged it but it doesnt look great. (-:

BrianT
05-28-2012, 06:05 PM
You mean where can HE buy a replacement panel.......

scott023
05-28-2012, 06:07 PM
You mean where can HE buy a replacement panel.......

Yes, exactly.

I'm sure your dealer sells OEM replacement parts, but I'm betting it'll cost a small fortune. I just searched online and couldn't find any.

Fast50dad
05-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Our 03 ProStar SD had the bolts rounded out from the panel. Called the dealer and they are no longer available (hopefully not in your case). I used new stainless bolts, stainless washers, and stainless nyloc nuts to reattach it. Before you pull the panel, don't forget the phillips screw at the base (if applicable). PM me and I can give you my experience with taking it off and reattaching it.

Good luck, but I'm with BrianT...

bzettler83
05-29-2012, 12:02 AM
Well HE offered but I assume when i reveal the cost of a new panel the excuses will start... Earlier today I picked up some 1inch round washers that are just a bit bigger then the factory hole and I was able to secure the panel... Doesn't look stock but it will work

gweaver
05-29-2012, 12:35 AM
Excuses or not, he owes you some sort of financial compensation. How much is up to whatever you two work out, but he should contribute something.
G

broncotw
05-29-2012, 12:48 AM
I agree with the others.... If your supposed friend does not cough up some $$$$ he would never be welcomed in my boat again!!! I'm just sayin!!!