PDA

View Full Version : Speedo adjust causes gauges to turn off + other issues

Tomi
05-28-2012, 04:00 PM
So my problem is that pressing the speedo adjustment rocker in the dash, nothing happens. The speedo reading is not adjusted at all. But when I press it for a long time, the speedo, rpm meter and engine temp all shut down completely. What could cause that behavior?

All gauges worked initially after the rebuild but then engine temp died after a while for some reason. I think this happened before I played with the speedo adjustment that eventually killed most gauges. At first they recovered (cannot remember why) but now they remain dead.

Clock is working fine as is the clock adjustment rocker. Oil pressure works but gives suspiciously erratic readings. Volt meter also works fine as well as Perfect Pass and fuel gauge. PP is getting speed readings and rpm values. The boat works and issue seems to be the gauges or wiring.

Is there a wiring diagram somewhere? Oh, and the boat is 2003 Prostar 190.

-Tomi

Tomi
06-15-2012, 05:40 AM
Problem found... one of the connectors behind the firewall was loose (like almost completely off). I must have pulled the wire bundles too hard at some point of the restoration. Weird enough, most stuff worked just fine still. After re-hooking the connector everything works as it should.