PDA

View Full Version : i-Pod Won't Play Through the Stereo

WakePowell
05-28-2012, 10:38 AM
On our 2009 X-45 we have not been able to get any i-Pod or i-Phone to play through the i-Pod hook up. You plug them in and select aux/i-Pod and no sound. When you switch back to another source (Satellite or FM) the i-Pod plays for a second through the system and then the selected source comes on. Any suggestions?

cmike
05-28-2012, 12:04 PM
When my iPod wouldn't play they replaced the aux jack. That fixed the problem.

Trig2275
05-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Try having the radio Pre-selected to the USB Source (assuming you're using the USB iPod cable) then have your iPod already playing music and plug it in.

HoustonDunlap
06-01-2012, 10:28 PM
I had the same issue this past weekend with my attempt to use the USB port for the first time on my X-14. I never could get it to work with the USB plug/cord. I then tried the old fashioned single hole type cord that plugs into the headphone slot and the single hole in the boat and it worked. Had to turn the volume up quite a bit more than the radio.

Granite_33
06-04-2012, 09:37 AM
FWIW, I have a cable like the below running my iPod through the Aux inputs in my Clarion XMD3.

BUT, this cable does NOT work with any new devices like the iPod Touch, iPhone 4 and 4S. Possibly others too. No sound, no nothing.

It may not be the root of all problems, however it is something worth pointing out.

If you have a setup like this, you may want to check your cord for compatibility.

SkiDog
06-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Bluetooth is the BEST! NO cords to deal with!

WakePowell
06-17-2012, 09:40 AM
I've still had no luck getting the iPod or iPhone to work through the factory iPod plug with the CDM5. Is there a good Bluetooth system that will work with the factory CDM5?