PDA

View Full Version : Dash panel not working

dowhat
05-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Nothing on the dash is working. Gauges, horn, curt. lights, bilge pumps, tower lights, ballast pumps etc...
Started the boat yesterday and everything worked fine, went to launch today and now the dash panel is out. I checked all the fuses, breakers and battery conections and they are all good? Im hoping its something stupid that Im missing. Anyone have any ideas?
06 X-30

justinlkgb
05-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Might be obvious...but is the battery dead? Laynard?

starman205
05-27-2012, 03:12 PM
I had the same issue on my boat this spring TT197 with a 350MCX. In my boat power for the dash comes off the starter solenoid connection which was loose. Battery connection goes first to the solenoid and then gets fed to the dash.

Not sure what engine you have but something to check.

dowhat
05-28-2012, 01:05 PM
I fired the boat up and after 30-45 seconds of it running, the dash came on. I took the boat out for a bit and everything works now except the speedo. May have been a low/dead battery

CCAnderson
06-01-2012, 04:15 PM
If the battery is good and entire was out then if sounds like a loose connection at the ground bus bar. For the speedo issue does it do the digiatl gauge rattle when the ket is turned on. if it does and still does not show speed then it could be a pluged pitot tube. pull the lines off the Medallion brain box and try to blow down the lines.