PDA

View Full Version : What's Left Of A Mastercraft

MasterCrafting
08-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey, a friend of mine woke up to this a few days ago. She said that they cops think it was kids. Anyway...a really depressing end to an amazing boat. It was a 93'...i have a 92' that looks the same, we had a pic of our boats togather...depressing...

**hey, if you guys are on here and you want your pic off the internet let me know and its gone**posted without permission**

milkmania
08-21-2005, 11:54 AM
I shed a tear today

I think they may be able to save the bow light:(

assuming it was on the water, since it's not on the boat trailer?

John B
08-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Insurance I hope :(

ski_king
08-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Sad indeed. Makes me want to cry. :cry:

Just curious, was it in the water at the time? It looks like it burnt to the water line.

milkmania
08-21-2005, 12:16 PM
see what they're going to do with the prop....
if the idiot tow truck driver didn't drag it all across the concrete:rant:

I know, I know....
catch a man when he's down and the vultures swarm:D

PendO
08-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Damn man, that sucks ... did someone pour gasoline on it or what?

Tom023
08-21-2005, 12:38 PM
This boat was posted a while back, totaled for a different reason. I inspected it at the dealership last week, and other than some sand in it, looks brand new (only 30 hours). The engine, transmisison and all electronics/electrical are shot. The insurance company will auction off as salvage, but I think the hull would be fine after some clean up. If you could pick it up for a couple thousand, I wonder if it would be worth it. It was estimated it would take about 20K and labor to get it back together.

Leroy
08-21-2005, 12:59 PM
I would almost do that for the tower if it's still on there!

PendO
08-21-2005, 01:07 PM
This boat was posted a while back, totaled for a different reason. I inspected it at the dealership last week, and other than some sand in it, looks brand new (only 30 hours). The engine, transmisison and all electronics/electrical are shot. The insurance company will auction off as salvage, but I think the hull would be fine after some clean up. If you could pick it up for a couple thousand, I wonder if it would be worth it. It was estimated it would take about 20K and labor to get it back together.

Are you sure that wasn't MC just testing out the new Saltwater Series;)

Here is the thread with the info http://www.gulfcoastwakeboarding.com/wb2/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2075&PN=1

MasterCrafting
08-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Yes, it was in the water...and i think some kids gassed it up and flung a match. Actually this guy won this mastercraft in some raffel, he also won another MC the following year, i think he gave it to his cousin or something, from what i understand he's getting that one back.

SteveO
08-21-2005, 03:10 PM
That 93 is a sad sight indead. Looks like it may have been a stars and stripes?

6ballsisall
08-21-2005, 03:12 PM
The kids that did this need to be strung up by their toes and pulled around the lake behind an identical boat :rant:

BriEOD
08-21-2005, 04:48 PM
That is awful!

MasterCrafting
08-21-2005, 05:45 PM
For whoever asked, it wasnt a S&S its the standard red paintjob from the early 90's like the one on my avatar.

east tx skier
08-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Ah, that just hurts. Sorry for their loss.

ski_king
08-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Here is a 93 S&S that had a simular fate.

So sad, :(

bradamerry
08-21-2005, 06:49 PM
I need a beer :( . This thread hurts my heart.

MarkP
08-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Hey, a friend of mine woke up to this a few days ago. She said that they cops think it was kids. Anyway...a really depressing end to an amazing boat. It was a 93'...i have a 92' that looks the same, we had a pic of our boats togather...depressing...

**hey, if you guys are on here and you want your pic off the internet let me know and its gone**posted without permission**
Son of a *****! What a way to go:noface:

dog paw
08-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Boy it takes a low riding sack of crap to do something like that. I'd pay good money to help administer the beating to whoever did that.

SKI*MC
08-21-2005, 08:52 PM
What happened to that x-2!!!??? That breaks my heart just as much as the 93

Workin' 4 Toys
08-21-2005, 09:31 PM
What happened to that x-2!!!??? That breaks my heart just as much as the 93
There was a long thread on the whole story, if I find it I will let you know.

Workin' 4 Toys
08-21-2005, 09:34 PM

This really shows the mentality of todays youth.
Goes back to the old saying I remember from years ago I used to see mostly as stickers on bumpers. It goes "Have You Hugged Your Kids Today?"

jimmer2880
08-22-2005, 06:19 AM
I think I would help anyone administer said beeting.

Let's hope he has real good insurance.

Davo
08-22-2005, 09:35 AM
A. How do I sign up for these "raffels"?? ;)

B. Why are kids suspected in this? There has to be more the story here.

C. He might not want to tell people that he had two boats and will now be taking back the 2nd from his relative. It could raise a few eye brows...sorry, but I'm always looking at things from every angle.

Regardless, thanks for posting the pic and now I'm thinking about the PWC'r that I probably pissed off this weekend (he started it by riding waaay too close).

Crash
08-22-2005, 10:13 AM

Based on the discussions on this website, this appears to be the only way a MasterCraft is finally put to rest....

pilot02
08-22-2005, 10:19 AM
I have a hard time believing kids would do that to such a nice boat unless there were more to the story. Given the year, and the fact that it was in the water, I'd be leaning more towards a fuel leak combined with possibly an automatic bilge pump malfunction.

Sad day, either way.....

jmyers
08-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Can you say Insurance claim? Boat problem taken care of in the worst way! Was anyone in the boat, I hope not!

SKI*MC
08-22-2005, 06:56 PM
From what i have heard from MasterCrafting, this is the way the people wokeup to their boat...

MasterCrafting
08-22-2005, 11:54 PM
there is actually a bad history of vandalism and theft on the lake (chanel) that this boat was located on. Peoples batteries have been stolen, windshields smashed and thousands of dollars worth of ski/fishing stuff stolen.

Rockman
08-23-2005, 01:30 PM
there is actually a bad history of vandalism and theft on the lake (chanel) that this boat was located on. Peoples batteries have been stolen, windshields smashed and thousands of dollars worth of ski/fishing stuff stolen.

Where is this that you are referring to?

MasterCrafting
08-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Paddock Lake