PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Lake Lanier Area, where are the courses on the lake?

Craig
05-25-2012, 10:50 AM
I am familiar with the private sites around the Atlanta area (at least I know of 4). But, the locations/usage of slalom courses up on Lanier are a bit foggy to me, can anyone help?

My wife and I are moving to the area at the end of July, and are looking to find a place on the water but need to know the locations where we can best feed our addiction to buoys.

Thanks!

CruisinGA
05-25-2012, 11:12 AM
There's a group that puts out a course on Tuesday's and Thursday's pretty regularly in "Ski Cove". If you look at Google maps, there is a small cove next to Bald Ridge Marina that you must go through the no-wake zone to get to, so it is usually good water.

I barefoot with some guys there occasionally, and we'll often take turns with the slalom guys so we all have good water.

jpage
05-26-2012, 11:08 PM
There's a group that puts out a course on Tuesday's and Thursday's pretty regularly in "Ski Cove". If you look at Google maps, there is a small cove next to Bald Ridge Marina that you must go through the no-wake zone to get to, so it is usually good water.

I barefoot with some guys there occasionally, and we'll often take turns with the slalom guys so we all have good water.

^^ THIS

Jerseydave
05-27-2012, 01:06 AM
I am familiar with the private sites around the Atlanta area (at least I know of 4). But, the locations/usage of slalom courses up on Lanier are a bit foggy to me, can anyone help?

My wife and I are moving to the area at the end of July, and are looking to find a place on the water but need to know the locations where we can best feed our addiction to buoys.

Thanks!

So my old Prostar is heading to GA? NICE!
Maybe now there is a better chance I'll get that pull someday down there. :D