PDA

View Full Version : I Blame Team Talk

DJ 50
05-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Ok, so far this year the deliveries that have come to my house are as follows; A slide anchor and boat bling, both thanks to group buys. My new barefoot boom from Footers Edge should be here tomorrow. I also go to Dallas to pick up my boat from Earmark Marine after spending a couple thousand in stereo and lights. To top it off, I will be ordering my new ski from Overtonís in the next day or two whenever I decide on what bindings to get. I blame all of you for encouraging this type of behavior. My wife would also like to thank you. Yes the couch is very comfortable to sleep on in my house.

Who else has gone crazy with extras this year?

BrooksfamX2
05-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Always glad to help other people spend their money........with that said, I have dropped about $2500 on the boat in the past 4 months.......just spent $200 today on a new wake plate actuator......and not quite done yet.

Done so far:

Domed reg numbers
Gel coat refresh
Mid ships cleats
Cover
Spare
New bunk carpet
SeaDek platform pad
Speaker and rack sox
Winch strap
Bow roller
and some other stuff............:rolleyes:

jdl xstar
05-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks for contributing to the growth of our economy!

broncotw
05-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Does a new boat qualify? I just recently purchsed a 1993 MasterCraft Prostar Stars and Stripes.... I blame this web site and all the members who posted pictures of their 93 Stars and Stripes!

LaRue
05-24-2012, 04:26 PM
guilty as charged

tower
tower mirror
WB Rack
Ski rack
Tower bimini
Boat Buckles
Porter Cable Orbital Buffer
New Life Jacket
wetsuit
several new shirts

Lucky26
05-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Always glad to help other people spend their money........with that said, I have dropped about $2500 on the boat in the past 4 months.......just spent $200 today on a new wake plate actuator......and not quite done yet.

Done so far:

Domed reg numbers
Gel coat refresh
Mid ships cleats
Cover
Spare
New bunk carpet
SeaDek platform pad
Speaker and rack sox
Winch strap
Bow roller
and some other stuff............:rolleyes:

I would like to hear about speaker sox

mzimme
05-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Also blame this site:

83 S&S
2 pairs of speakers
head unit
Sub
Amp
New interior
Buffer
Boat cleaning products
Ropes, anchor, fenders, first aid kit, yadda yadda yadda (all those things you store under the seat)

Been fun... Don't regret it.

Fletchx7
05-24-2012, 04:33 PM
I now have to ask permission from the Warden if i want to buy anything else....

Depth finder
Life Vest for me and my 3 year old
Slide anchor and 100' anchor line
about $150 in wax, oil, supplies, etc.
Wake line and handle
Slalom line and handle
New First aid kit
New amp for the sub
Rewired the speakers and amps with new wires and distribution blocks
Second battery and ACR
New gear from MC by design

Still need:
Spare tire
New Bunk Carpet

DJ 50
05-24-2012, 04:34 PM
I would like to hear about speaker sox

What would you like to know about them? I purchased them at the end of kast season to help prevent things nesting in my speakers and it worked. Can't comment about them on the lake yet though.

DJ 50
05-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Also blame this site:

83 S&S
2 pairs of speakers
head unit
Sub
Amp
New interior
Buffer
Boat cleaning products
Ropes, anchor, fenders, first aid kit, yadda yadda yadda (all those things you store under the seat)

Been fun... Don't regret it.

D$%m you! Now you reminded me I have to go buy a first aid kit.

Granite_33
05-24-2012, 04:44 PM
$1500 in stereo upgrades ;)
Infinity 612M's
New Sub
JL 6 channel class D
Kenwood mono class D
Installation Gear.

$250 in re-vinyling my rear bench ........:mad:

Probably a new waterline cover before the summer is over. The original is starting to wear out.

Plus, probably going to drop about $120-$150 this weekend on a 1/2 barrell for the kegerator.....lets see, what flavor do I want?

What else...........

Lucky26
05-24-2012, 04:44 PM
What would you like to know about them? I purchased them at the end of kast season to help prevent things nesting in my speakers and it worked. Can't comment about them on the lake yet though.

They just fit around each individual speaker? Where did you find them?

-V-
05-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Gor-Tex packing
Strut re-alligned
Rebuilt impeller
Replaced prop shaft
New wakeboard for me
New wake board for my girls

DJ 50
05-24-2012, 04:55 PM

yes and speakersox.com is where I got mine.

DJ 50
05-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Gor-Tex packing
Strut re-alligned
Rebuilt impeller
Replaced prop shaft
New wakeboard for me
New wake board for my girls

What is Gor-Tex packing?

tr6coug
05-24-2012, 05:00 PM
I blame BrooksfamX2 for these upgrades

push-button start
winch strap
seadek pad
new numbers
new bow stop on trailer (removed boatbuddy)
Stereo EQ (if it ever arrives)
new cover

but I think he blames me for:

2007 X2 upgrade

adwhitaker
05-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Let's see...
bought a 2001 Prostar 209 in February

then...
Connelly Slalom Ski
Deep V trainer Rope
Lots of cleaning supplies
Steering Cable
Impeller
Swing away jack

Still need:
New Cd player
waterline cover
depth finder

g-Dog
05-24-2012, 05:17 PM
The trick is to buy and install it before the wife sees it...then when she says "Are those new speakers" I just say "Oh yeah, I got those a few months ago off eBay...really cheap". It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. 8p

Alpine PDX amps
JL Audio 12" W6 sub
Polk mm 6.5" components
Alpine RF remote (previous one floated down the river at some point):o
Duralast group 24 & 27 batteries
plugs, impeller, oil, wax, 303, etc.
Maxxis trailer tires
Wakeboard rope
Perko Flush Pro

scott023
05-24-2012, 05:30 PM
I've purchased virtually everything that has a function (and some that don't) from MasterCraft By Design because of TT. 8p

scott023
05-24-2012, 05:32 PM
What is Gor-Tex packing?

I hae waterprrof Goretex bags for all the gear on my boat. Store manuals, tools, scuba gear, scissors etc in them. Found out after the first season that stuff gets damp, even if you do your best to keep it dry.

BrianT
05-24-2012, 05:39 PM
/\/\ Good idea! Nice to have stuff dry than a little damp.

memphis23
05-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Tower
Speakers
tower lights
Tower mirror
Tower racks (ski and wake)
New distributor
New ignition switch
neutral switch
lowrance depth finder
winch and winch strap
pole pads
interior speakers
Battery
Battery cables
Roswell amp
Kicker sub
water impeller
fuel separator
fuel filter
box anchor and rope
tinted windows

I know I have missed something. Don't ya luv it!

-V-
05-24-2012, 05:56 PM
What is Gor-Tex packing?

it replaces the falux packing in the packing nut. new stuff, suppose to be better than the rest. only time will tell.

BrooksfamX2
05-24-2012, 06:02 PM
I blame BrooksfamX2 for these upgrades

push-button start
winch strap
seadek pad
new numbers
new bow stop on trailer (removed boatbuddy)
Stereo EQ (if it ever arrives)
new cover

but I think he blames me for:

2007 X2 upgrade

Yes, this ones on you.............;)

BrooksfamX2
05-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Oh, forgot, also go a new surfboard, wake skis and SeaDek pad for bow step.

BrooksfamX2
05-24-2012, 06:05 PM

Like these........also got the rack covers......... speakersox.com. Sometimes they have them on sale on ebay.

ttu
05-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Oh, forgot, also go a new surfboard, wake skis and SeaDek pad for bow step.

wow, a push button start. happen to have a thread on that one. also would enjoy seeing a picture of the bow pad!

BrooksfamX2
05-24-2012, 07:30 PM
wow, a push button start. happen to have a thread on that one. also would enjoy seeing a picture of the bow pad!

hope to install it this weekend..........

TN X-45
05-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Wakeboard for daughter, new surfboard, platform cover, new fuel pump install, new rope (surf and wakeboard), various new cleaners, waxes, protectants, 5 blade prop. Think that's it for this year. The good news is the fuel pump (thanks for the instructions) from advanced auto parts and self install probably saved me $1000 so I guess im even?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Kyle
05-24-2012, 08:20 PM
If I had a wife, boss, Wardon, Queen of the castle, etc then I would have either been required to sleep in the back yard or at the storage facility in my boat. Because of Team Talk I have been influenced to buy everything to update my old 190.

Since everything is new or has been replaced in my boat my list is too long to add up. Let's just say I bought my boat another 2.5 times more after buying it adding this or that.

-V-
05-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Like these........also got the rack covers......... speakersox.com. Sometimes they have them on sale on ebay.

I just love those X2's..................

......new goal.......buy an newer X2 in the next 10 years..............

93Prostar190
05-24-2012, 09:37 PM
2 sets of cans that don't fit my tower.

Jerseydave
05-24-2012, 09:40 PM
I bought a spare because of teamtalk................damn you guys! :D

Jerseydave
05-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Oh and for the above:

4 new wheels/tires
dock lines
fenders
flares

my couch is comfy too!

Brian B
05-24-2012, 09:46 PM
wakeboard
rope/handle
surfboard
domed reg numbers
chrome domed MC logos
star gazer PP
Rigid Industries M-Series underwater transom lights
full service (by me)
full detail
trailer service
ballast pump

Last years list must be three times as long

CantRepeat
05-24-2012, 09:47 PM
I pick up a 12 pak, does that count?

BrianT
05-24-2012, 09:59 PM
A new Cipa mirror because I broke the other one stuffing it under the observers seat and then closing it.....damn seat hinges....

The other list is way too long like most everyone else here!

The Cipa mirror was just today.

sand2snow22
05-24-2012, 11:41 PM
So I have Speaker Sox, but now I just found a diamond. Speaker covers that zip!

Latin Flyer
05-25-2012, 12:17 AM
Everything i buy is because the boss knows i "NEED" that.

scott023
05-25-2012, 09:13 AM
So I have Speaker Sox, but now I just found a diamond. Speaker covers that zip!

That sounds nifty. The originals are tough to get on sometimes...

mikeg205
05-25-2012, 09:47 AM
If I had a wife, boss, Wardon, Queen of the castle, etc then I would have either been required to sleep in the back yard or at the storage facility in my boat. Because of Team Talk I have been influenced to buy everything to update my old 190.

Since everything is new or has been replaced in my boat my list is too long to add up. Let's just say I bought my boat another 2.5 times more after buying it adding this or that.

^^+1 - my wife calls the '95 205 mu mistress, I have to watch my spend and how much I spend with her...(boat) and make sure its less than my wife...or I'll have the same sleeping conditions as Kyle...

93Prostar190
05-25-2012, 09:51 AM
The other day UPS came to the door and left a box .... my wife picked it up and automatically put it in my office ..... she should have read the label ... it was addressed to her.

When I pointed that out, she said "I thought it was for the boat."

You guys are the best!

mikeg205
05-25-2012, 10:16 AM
The other day UPS came to the door and left a box .... my wife picked it up and automatically put it in my office ..... she should have read the label ... it was addressed to her.

When I pointed that out, she said "I thought it was for the boat."

You guys are the best!

lmao.... :uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

pmikler
05-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Try a new boat...or at least new to me.

zamboniman
05-25-2012, 10:22 AM
It's all team talk's fault.

Lumbergh
05-25-2012, 12:09 PM
About $2.5k since last fall, just on parts and stereo. Nothing major either.

Just general freshening up of a boat new to me.

Adds up quick!

Does not include the water toys and boat stuff like fenders, ropes, boat care products and what-not.

The spreadsheet I keep doesn't lie, I really shouldn't keep it at all.

TayMC197
05-25-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm about 32K right now, Thats with the purchase of a Protournament Team 197, stereo system, bimini, slalom racks, and a few odds and ends.

I'm blame myself though. :D

BrooksfamX2
05-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Well, my list doesnt include my X2 purchase last November.............. 8p

bjames
05-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Yeah... after spending closed to 100K on a new boat, I have to be very carefull saying "I dont want to spend that much on fricken flowers" I need as many brownie points as possible. I even went as far as booking us pedicures together... I didnt even know they were untill I booked them :)

scott023
05-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah... after spending closed to 100K on a new boat, I have to be very carefull saying "I dont want to spend that much on fricken flowers" I need as many brownie points as possible. I even went as far as booking us pedicures together... I didnt even know they were untill I booked them :)

Oh no. That's embarassing. :lol:

brucemac
05-25-2012, 01:02 PM

LOL! TMI!

Oh no. That's embarassing. :lol:

scott get's the fish pedi!

langedp
05-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Well, I didn't book pedicures but I did get an "extra" '94 Prostar 190 a few weeks ago. Along with that a number of maintenance items for it from SkiDim. Too many of those to count. Replaced the engine box lining with the foil faced foam shown here in other threads. Worked out great. Also just ordered two hydraulic lifts for the boats. Being without lifts last summer was a pain. Now that I have the Prostar, what slalom ski to buy? Oh the decisions...

scott023
05-25-2012, 02:08 PM
LOL! TMI!

scott get's the fish pedi!

What's that?

Stx221
05-25-2012, 02:11 PM
If I had a wife, boss, Wardon, Queen of the castle, etc then I would have either been required to sleep in the back yard or at the storage facility in my boat.

I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). With the purchase of the boat and all the required items and maintenance that I've done and purchased, I would be sleeping in the boat. Good thing thats not an issue!

I do get to blame TT for stuff like the Box anchor (group buy) and a bunch of various other things.

The spreadsheet I keep doesn't lie, I really shouldn't keep it at all.
I have a spreadsheet of everything from purchasing the boat in January. It hasn't gotten too bad yet and is about in line with what I expected to get it out on the water (I think I'm about $100 under my guess but still need a kneeboard and tube). Thankfully I haven't started keeping track of the fuel purchases yet...

02ProstarSammyD
05-25-2012, 02:41 PM
I even went as far as booking us pedicures together... I didnt even know they were untill I booked them

I'd compare ^ to having relations with a ballast babe. You can do it if you want but wouldn't put it up on the internet

DJ 50
05-25-2012, 03:35 PM

I thought I had it figured out. Before I bought my new ski, I went out and bought her jewlery cost way more then my ski. I figured she got something nice now I can have something nice....she saw right through that one.

DooSPX
05-25-2012, 03:56 PM
I thought I had it figured out. Before I bought my new ski, I went out and bought her jewlery cost way more then my ski. I figured she got something nice now I can have something nice....she saw right through that one.

I am going to remember this one! I best be careful or I will be sleeping in my boat! :o

-V-
05-25-2012, 04:02 PM

before I bought my boat, I bought her a bigger certified diamond for her wedding ring, just upgraded the old one. Now the rock is three times as big and cost about a quarter of what it was suppose to......thanks Kay's.

Oh, and did I mention that I just bought her a new car for our anniversery..........the Mazda3 was getting to small for the fam so we traded it in for a '12 Altima SR with the 3.5 and CVT........

I don't know what costs more.....my wife or my boat :confused::confused::confused:

scharette
05-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Exile Harpoon Amp
Exile ZLD
Installation gear for amp and zld
dual battery diode isolator
Perfect pass 6.5 to 6.5 NG and install of a dual line display
RADAR Senate C with dual vector Boot
Impeller
75$ tower knob that was lost on the highway last year :mad:
Welding of another crack in my 2006 tower

I spend too much money on my boat but i love it. and we spend good family quality time

I caught the 'upgrade disease' from team talk (ok i work in information technology field, it's in my habit to upgrade:D)

tr6coug
05-25-2012, 10:26 PM
wow, a push button start. happen to have a thread on that one.

No thread on it, but here is a picture of the starter button. The blue lighted ring around the button changes when you go from ACC to On to Off. There is also a module under the dash that controls everything.

1st push = Accessory
2nd push = On
3rd push = Off
Push and hold = Start
push while running = Stop

BrooksfamX2
05-25-2012, 11:13 PM
mine will have a RED LED button, right???

I've seen this in action and it works great. It all started from a conversation around a campfire last winter................

tr6coug
05-25-2012, 11:53 PM
mine will have a RED LED button, right???

I've seen this in action and it works great. It all started from a conversation around a campfire last winter................

Yup. I'll get going on that.

Used it on the Shasta trip, worked perfectly. :D

DJ 50
05-26-2012, 03:19 PM
See this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Just by reading this thread I have already found two new things to add to my boat. You all are enablers. It will never end. I feel as if I should start some 12 step program with meetings to help make it stop.