PDA

View Full Version : Left Speakers Not Working

NParkhurst
05-24-2012, 04:19 PM
I have an 06' X-1 with stock stereo system, amp and tower speakers.

All speakers work (Right Front, Right Rear, Sub, Right Tower, Left Tower) except for the Left Front, and Left Rear speakers.

I don't believe they are blown, as I hear feedback in both, and they were both working previously.

Seems odd that all would work except those two.

I've haven't gotten a chance to inspect the wiring from stereo, amp, and speakers.

Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion on where to look first?

I have almost no audio experience, so bear with me.

Thanks!

CantRepeat
05-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Um, possible burn out the left channel on the amp?

NParkhurst
05-24-2012, 04:47 PM
After further contemplation....

I believe the tower speakers and sub are run off the amp, so that might answer why the tower speakers and sub work.

Also, I believe the cabin speakers are run off the head unit, so it could be as simple as a loose RCA cable.

Or as CantRepeat mentioned, if cabin speakers are running off the amp, could be an amp issue.

Unfortunately the boat is hanging in the dock 45 min away, so I wont know until this weekend.

pram
05-24-2012, 04:52 PM
do you have left and right control over the tower speakers?

it's not all the way to the right on the balance is it?

NParkhurst
05-24-2012, 04:54 PM
I dont have left right control over the tower speakers, but both of them are working.

When I noticed the issue, I double checked the balance and it was centered.

I know its hard to diagnose, with me being ignorant about the setup, just trying to gather ideas for when I get to the boat.

Thanks!

EarmarkMarine
05-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Check to make sure that all RCAs are properly seated as well as all other connections.
Then you can begin the trial and error process of elimination.
First, you must have a visual on the signal path. Draw a sketch to keep it straight.
Second, you must label all terminations before disconnecting a single wire or cable. You must leave bread crumbs.
Third, you must identify what components in the signal path are shared and not shared by the two speakers that are out.
Fourth, you will reverse RCA cables and/or speaker wires, at either end, one at a time. By determining when the problem switches to another product and when it does not, you will have eliminated potential sources and isolated the true culprit.

David
Earmark Marine