PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Wheel

6ballsisall
08-21-2005, 11:33 AM
I need to buy a spare tire & wheel for my boat trailer. I know there is a common tire place many of bought from online and I think Brieod mentioned it one time or another on the board. Does anyone remember the URL for a good online tire store?

MarkP
08-21-2005, 12:48 PM
I think it was Tirerack.com??

milkmania
08-21-2005, 01:01 PM
You might want to check with MasterCrafting's friend?:o

MarkP
08-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Rene just asked, “What kind of picture does he have now,” (avatar)?

Dare I:noface: !!!

6ballsisall
08-21-2005, 02:51 PM

Milk that avatar just aint right man! It brings bad horrible memories

MarkP
08-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Milk that avatar just aint right man! It brings bad horrible memories
Rene asked about it again on the way to the lake this afternoon.. I JUST SAID NO!!

BriEOD
08-22-2005, 08:48 AM
I need to buy a spare tire & wheel for my boat trailer. I know there is a common tire place many of bought from online and I think Brieod mentioned it one time or another on the board. Does anyone remember the URL for a good online tire store?

I actually have a spare rim in my garage. It's nothing pretty to look at. It's a 14" black wagon wheel. I replaced those with some 2000 MC rims I found on eBay for a steal. I sent one rim to Beau and it fit fine on his 96' trailer. I'll make you the same deal. You pay the shipping and you can have it (if you want it).

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Goodyear&model=Marathon+Radial

14" Load Range "C" Doug and I and a few others (LeeC I think) all bought Marathons from these guys a few seasons ago.

jake
08-22-2005, 09:35 AM
My local Discount Tire store gave me the same price as Tirerack on the Marathons. They were also able to locate some better looking aluminum rims for me that fit.

bcampbe7
08-22-2005, 10:46 AM
I actually have a spare rim in my garage. It's nothing pretty to look at. It's a 14" black wagon wheel. I replaced those with some 2000 MC rims I found on eBay for a steal. I sent one rim to Beau and it fit fine on his 96' trailer. I'll make you the same deal. You pay the shipping and you can have it (if you want it).

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Goodyear&model=Marathon+Radial

14" Load Range "C" Doug and I and a few others (LeeC I think) all bought Marathons from these guys a few seasons ago.

Brian is a good man for helping me out with the rim. I owe you a few beers at Mag Mania for that one.:toast:
I bought a new tire from a local shop for around $50 mounted/balanced and a MC tire cover from MYMC and all is good.

BriEOD
08-22-2005, 10:55 AM
No worries Beau, glad I could help. IMO no sense spending a fortune for a spare rim just for astetics. It's going to be under a spare tire cover most likely anyhow.

Cary K.
08-22-2005, 11:01 AM
IMO no sense spending a fortune for a spare rim just for astetics. It's going to be under a spare tire cover most likely anyhow.

That was my philosophy as well. Bought generic rim, good tire, and a MC spare tire cover.