PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Folks

6ballsisall
08-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Those in the Atlanta metro. Is Lake Lanier the place where most people go to get their skiing in thats close to Atlanta? Does it stay warm enough year round that one can ski there all year with a wetsuit?

ski_king
08-21-2005, 09:53 AM
I have a friend who lives on Lake Lanier who claims he skis year round.

pilot02
08-21-2005, 10:33 AM
I ski year round but not on Lanier. Hate that lake, too many big boats. I ski on Westpoint (club) during the summer, and Jackson in the winter (Close to home). I skip the wetsuit and go straight to a dry suit in Dec through Feb.

6ballsisall
08-21-2005, 10:38 AM
I ski year round but not on Lanier. Hate that lake, too many big boats. I ski on Westpoint (club) during the summer, and Jackson in the winter (Close to home). I skip the wetsuit and go straight to a dry suit in Dec through Feb.

Where are these lakes you mention. Reason I ask is there is a fair possibility we may relocate within the upcoming months to Atlanta. My office would be in Lawrenceville, GA. I need to be close to that (20 minutes drive) but would like to be close enough to a lake to get some water time without making an excursion out of the trip. We live in a lke community now (not on the lake but 5 minutes or so from the ramp) and something like that would be ideal

tonym
08-21-2005, 11:01 AM
I moved here in febuary and have skied every weekend.but had to use a dry suit till the end of march.We found a small channel on the south side of the lake thats all ways glass and no boat traffic.I take my kids there all the time. but havent found some one who wants to help me put in our insta slalom course.let me know if your interested

6ballsisall
08-21-2005, 11:34 AM
I moved here in febuary and have skied every weekend.but had to use a dry suit till the end of march.We found a small channel on the south side of the lake thats all ways glass and no boat traffic.I take my kids there all the time. but havent found some one who wants to help me put in our insta slalom course.let me know if your interested

Tony, you can count me in when it happens!! :cool: From Buford how long does it take you to get on the lake?

tonym
08-21-2005, 11:44 AM
its less than a 1/4 mile to the ramp thats closest to my house .and 5 minute to the cove where we ski . are your in georgia now?

6ballsisall
08-21-2005, 11:47 AM
its less than a 1/4 mile to the ramp thats closest to my house .and 5 minute to the cove where we ski . are your in georgia now?

No, Cincinnati greater area. Could be relocating for career in short order though. Buford is what, about 20 minutes from Lawrenceville?

tonym
08-21-2005, 11:52 AM
yeah its about 15 miles from buford .not too far the lakes real warm now