PDA

View Full Version : Ronix One vs Liquid Force Watson Hybrid

Hogwild
05-24-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm thinking about purchasing last years model of either the Ronix One or the Liquid Force Watson Hybrid. Any comments/suggestions from those who ride frequently?

Also, does anyone have a dealer willing to make a good deal on a package set?

bturner2
05-24-2012, 08:02 AM
A lot is going to depend on your riding style. I found the Ronix One that I had wanted to catch edges real easy. Rode it for half of one season and took the worst falls I can remember doing easy tricks that I had never had a problem with in the past. Switched back to my old Murray board and problem was solved. Recently purchased a new Murray board. Only rode it once so far this year but it was great. Very happy with the initial run. The Murry in has tons of rocker which creates a very loose feel, lets the board slide around and makes for real soft landings. You have to work the edges more but being an old trick skier this is preferable to me.

There's a perfect board for everyone out there and I'm sure the Ronix One is some one's favorite, just not mine. Only one way to find yours is to go out and ride some. Unfortunately for me I did mail order on the One and wasn't able to ship it back cost effectively. Go figure I bought the Murray locally and love it.

Hogwild
05-24-2012, 04:10 PM
Yeah, it's hard for me justifying the cost of some of these boards, but the reason that I was narrowing it down to these 2 was that I had heard good things about both and I wanted a board that was going to last me a really long time. I would love to test some of these boards out but I don't really have a local shop that allows test runs.

On another note, what binding are you using?

bturner2
05-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Ronix Kia closed toe. Took a while to get used to the closed toe boot concept but they are really easy to get in and out of and very confortable. It would be really hard to go back to the old style bindings. I've three seasons on these and they seem to be holding up pretty good.

Hogwild
05-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Well I pulled the trigger on a setup today. I found a year old Ronix one "slider base model" and a set of 2009 Ronix Cell bindings. I couldn't afford to buy brand new so we'll see how these ride this year. Pics:

http://www.wakeworld.com/products/images/products/large_17_55_23_4504.jpg

http://www.evo.com/imgp/1500/39536.Image.1.jpg

briggle2
06-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Why do we not like the Ronix One? I thought it was supposed to be the cat's ***, so I bought last years model 142.. I can get pretty big air with it and I like the soft landings, but I can't get the air I need to do rolls. Threw my Ronix One boots (which ARE the cat's ***!) back on my Liquid Force Trip 138 that's about 4 years old, and problem solved! Landing every roll I throw...

Anyone want to buy a slightly used 2011 Ronix One????

sp00ky
06-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Why do we not like the Ronix One? I thought it was supposed to be the cat's ***, so I bought last years model 142.. I can get pretty big air with it and I like the soft landings, but I can't get the air I need to do rolls. Threw my Ronix One boots (which ARE the cat's ***!) back on my Liquid Force Trip 138 that's about 4 years old, and problem solved! Landing every roll I throw...

Anyone want to buy a slightly used 2011 Ronix One????

Yeah I think it's the lack of rocker on the ronix one. I have been eyeing those boots and can't wait to pull the trigger

501s
06-21-2012, 11:10 PM
I just went from an 2010 Hybrid (same shape as 2012) to 2012 Ronix One Timebomb. I liked the Watson, but I love the one. Its definitley the best board i have ridden. Loose when you want it to be, locked in when you want it to be, easy on landings and consistent. Nothing I would change about this board. Pop is awesome and it seems to be more forgiving on bad landings too.

And I can't see how a Ronix One can keep you from throwing rolls, that's odd. It was the first trick I landed on mine. But I heard the new shape is better then the 2010/11

swatguy
06-21-2012, 11:13 PM
I love the 11-12 Ronix Ones always loved Ronix boots. Started off on te cells and loved them. Once the changed te baseplate tho and the last in 09 I think I switched to the ones. Absolutely the most comfortable binding I have ever ridden.

The one board is one of those love or hate boards. There is really no middle ground. You really need to be pushing your riding and be on it all the time to really reap the benefits. It's not forgiving compared to other boards as you really need to have you position and basics in the proper spot at all times to get the boot from it. When it does kick and you hit it, it kicks and floats you and lands super soft. However for me I just get lazy every now and then and couldn't always be in the precise spot so it was very inconsistent. I ride the Mana. They changed the shape in 2011 and it is by far the most consistent, forgiving 3 stage I have ever ridden that explodes off the wake very consistently. The prior shape was so slow under the Adam Errington design, but when Dean Smith had it re designed it is rock solid. It's wide profile and late kick rocker boot you like crazy. It's price is money and with the ones or the kais you can't go wrong.

Eljaybee
08-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Briggle2 Do you still have the Ronix One you wanted to sell? If so how much are you looking to get for the board?

JustinLoFlow
08-09-2013, 05:34 PM
You gotta catch season end sales. I got a 2012 Harley 135 with Harley bindings for $270 in January. The bargains are out there you just have to be patient. Oh and IMO the LF Hybrids are a bit over the top, unless you just about pro.