PDA

View Full Version : Propeller size ????

Rick_Seebeck
05-23-2012, 11:05 AM
My 1983 SS powerslot with a 440 Chrysler engine has a 14X20 propeller on in right now and it has worked well. I have bent it up a few times and it is getting near the end of its life. Any thoughts on a replacement size? 3 or 4 blade? Thanks in advance!

scottpiper27
06-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Hi Rick - sorry about having a late reply. I myself am shopping for a new prop. I had great luck with ACME and OJ customer service online. I went to each of their websites and sent an email with my boat info (model,year,engine,trans ratio,and shaft diameter) also told them what my primary use is (ski,wakeboard,cruising) hopefully you want it for slalom :). Anyway, they each got back to me within one day with a size recommendation based on exactly what my boat was and how to get the best possible performance for my use. As for OJ vs ACME, most of the guys on here seem to favor OJ, but im sure they are both equally good products. And go for the 4 blade, the smoothness improvement is really noticeable. Good Luck.

madcityskier
06-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Stuck with the three blade after hearing that a four blade may affect how hard the slalom wake is. Curious if you've felt that.

thatsmrmastercraft
06-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Another recommendation for Eric at OJ Props. He is an active member here, and a great guy to work with. http://www.ojprops.com/