PDA

View Full Version : Question

Deltaxstar
05-22-2012, 09:07 AM
08 xstar has 4 drain holes on the drivers side 1 at rear right 3 at windshield. One works for the center hull bilge what the hell are the other three for? I've filled and emptied ballast both times out in the last two weeks and nothing has came out of these holes I don't get what they are all for? There's also I think two on the left side by windshield

magnum
05-22-2012, 09:40 AM
I have an 06 X-Star and the one in the back is for your rear Bilge Pump and one of the ones by mid section is for your middle bilge pump, the other ones have something to do with your ballast tanks I think

Deltaxstar
05-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Maybe just vents one for each of the three tanks?

snork
05-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Starboard front three, one for kgb, one for starboard tank and one for front bilge pump
The one near the transom is for the rear bilge pump
Port front is for rear port tank

When you empty the tanks the water is pumped out under the hull where the water is supplied for the ballast tank, basically the ballast pump works in reverse when emptying

Deltaxstar
05-22-2012, 10:29 PM
So if they don't empty out those holes what's the point in em?

bcboy
05-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Overflow! If you keep filling them the water will come out.

Deltaxstar
05-22-2012, 11:55 PM
Overflow! If you keep filling them the water will come out.

Thanks for that I needed some reason I can't stand not knowing what things are for lil OCD lol

GoneBoatN
05-23-2012, 12:20 AM
I noticed with my ballast tanks I can fill a fair bit longer than when the guages indicate the ballast tank is full. This makes me think that the ballast reads full before it really is. So my point being is that you may want to fill until you see overflow to know you really are at 100% ballast.

Deltaxstar
05-24-2012, 12:07 AM
I noticed with my ballast tanks I can fill a fair bit longer than when the guages indicate the ballast tank is full. This makes me think that the ballast reads full before it really is. So my point being is that you may want to fill until you see overflow to know you really are at 100% ballast.

I was thinking this aswell since I know what those are for now