PDA

View Full Version : 2010 X25 Auto Launch?

TheWoons
05-21-2012, 08:50 PM
I have a good friend who just bought a 2010 X-25 with all three tabs. Does anyone know if there is an auto launch that puts all three tabs down until it's on plane and then pulls them back up? Our 2012 does but I'm not sure about the 2010's.

ddanenberger
05-21-2012, 09:36 PM
2010 and 2011 did not have that option...2012 first year.

TheWoons
05-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the reply. My buddy is going to be bummed to say the least haha.

ddanenberger
05-21-2012, 09:46 PM
the attiude tab wored great in our '11. Surf tabs were either all to the port or sarboard. very little control over them. I have heard a few bypassing MC controls and putting on regular Lenco controllers to get more useful tabs.

TheWoons
05-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Our boat has done great with just using the center tab but if there's several thousand pounds of ballast having all three helps for sure. I'll let him know about manually controlling them too.

AZX45OD
05-21-2012, 11:59 PM
the attiude tab wored great in our '11. Surf tabs were either all to the port or sarboard. very little control over them. I have heard a few bypassing MC controls and putting on regular Lenco controllers to get more useful tabs.

Something that I have learned with my 2012 X45 is that if I am stuck with either the port or starboard side tab down, if I just hold the tab up switch, then the center tab raises and then both of the surf tabs will also raise all they way up. This prevents getting stuck in a cycle where you are just going back and forth between the two surf tabs. I was annoyed at first because I only thought I could toggle between the two surf tabs, but then I realized you can manually raise all 3 up out of the way.

TheWoons
05-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Something that I have learned with my 2012 X45 is that if I am stuck with either the port or starboard side tab down, if I just hold the tab up switch, then the center tab raises and then both of the surf tabs will also raise all they way up. This prevents getting stuck in a cycle where you are just going back and forth between the two surf tabs. I was annoyed at first because I only thought I could toggle between the two surf tabs, but then I realized you can manually raise all 3 up out of the way.

When you say hold up the tab switch are you referring to holding up the center tab switch and keeping it depressed until they surf tabs raise up too?