PDA

View Full Version : Bunks??

Brandon241
05-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Anyone replaced there bunks? Have an 05 x2 and the bunks are getting bad. Have done this on a bass boat anything different I should know? Any special carpet required? Thanks

Brandon

mikeg205
05-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Marine carpet....saw some nice pre-made bunks at bass pro...was wondering if anyone here every used them

Stritt
05-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Just replaced the carpet on Saturday. Basically the same trailer size as th x2, ours is a 205.
Ordered off eBay a 2' x 33' piece of 20 oz grey carpet. $38 delivered to our door. I crawled under the boat and removed the majority of the staples then headed to the lake, dropped the boat and completed. Took about 1 1/2 hours. The quickest way to remove the staples was to use a floor scraper I had in my tools. It would remove most of the staples then I went back with cutters and pulled the remaining.

The bunks are treated 2 x 6 x 12 using carriage bolts.

barefoot
05-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Goes without saying, but make sure you use stainless staples...

psychobilly
05-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Ultimate bunk boards dot com is where I got mine. Very satisfied with the results. I have a thread here somewhere on the install. Great product and no carpet to rot and no staples to rust or fall out. Oh and since they're plastic, no rotting of wood. My big heavy boat loads and unloads EASY and with that being said, don't unhook her until she's in the water! :-)