PDA

View Full Version : 2012 BIG and Zero Off

ddanenberger
05-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Anyone having issues with the Big and Zero off? Mine seems to waht to do it's own thing wether I like it or not.

EA2010
05-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Anyone having issues with the Big and Zero off? Mine seems to waht to do it's own thing wether I like it or not.

I am going thru the same growing pains, buddy. I've got a little thread going if you want to have a read:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=47701

I'd be interested in your feedback!

ddanenberger
05-21-2012, 10:43 PM
I will let you know what they come up with. Right now it looks like the "GDIG" (center gauge) is the first device in the computerr circuit. They believe the controller in the guage is causing communication errors with the BIG. I will let you know what they come up with.

Our problem is that auto level and speed controll is coming on even when set to off. It takes over. This is a problem.

EA2010
05-22-2012, 12:46 AM
Our problem is that auto level and speed controll is coming on even when set to off. It takes over. This is a problem.

What do you mean by "auto level" ... the ballast tank levels?

ddanenberger
05-22-2012, 01:54 PM
here is the latest.

It appears the GDIG or center gauge has zero off imbedded as well as the BIG. Sine the GDIG is the first device on the circuit, it is causing conflicts on the control circuit. The claim is replacing the center gauge will fix the problem.

I will update this after the gauge replacemet.

FYI: There is a software update for the GDIG for ballast issues.

bjames
05-22-2012, 01:57 PM
What do you mean by "auto level" ... the ballast tank levels?

Autolevel = trim tabs automatically lower to bring the boat on plane, then they adjust to maintain a predetermined pitch.

I am having the same issues with my Perfect Pass. Even if I have the trim set to 0% (UP), when I set cruise to on and accellerate, all 3 tabs (surf and trim) lower 100% then start comming up. As impressive as this may seem, it washes my wake out everytime. To get around this I have to manually press the trim up untill all 3 reset to their upper position. Not sure how to overide this. I know there is a pitch/roll calibration located in the digital screen on the center gauge, but nothing is mentioned in the 2012 manual (once again!).

ddanenberger
05-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Autolevel = trim tabs automatically lower to bring the boat on plane, then they adjust to maintain a predetermined pitch.

I am having the same issues with my Perfect Pass. Even if I have the trim set to 0% (UP), when I set cruise to on and accellerate, all 3 tabs (surf and trim) lower 100% then start comming up. As impressive as this may seem, it washes my wake out everytime. To get around this I have to manually press the trim up untill all 3 reset to their upper position. Not sure how to overide this. I know there is a pitch/roll calibration located in the digital screen on the center gauge, but nothing is mentioned in the 2012 manual (once again!).

I did ask in our conference call about PP, but the factory tech thinks the auto level tab issues and speed control issues are related to the wrong gauge being installed. You may want to check?? They tell me the gauge should not have the zero off logo.

bjames
05-22-2012, 02:25 PM
I did ask in our conference call about PP, but the factory tech thinks the auto level tab issues and speed control issues are related to the wrong gauge being installed. You may want to check?? They tell me the gauge should not have the zero off logo.

:confused: I will have to check my gauge.. i dont think it had a ZO logo.

ddanenberger
05-22-2012, 02:37 PM
:confused: I will have to check my gauge.. i dont think it had a ZO logo.

I didn't think mine did either until I when to the club this morning and looked.

EA2010
05-22-2012, 09:13 PM
I ordered a Zero Off system with my boat. I assume you guys did not?

EA2010
05-22-2012, 09:16 PM

I talked to my dealer and the Alberta MasterCraft rep today. They are working to get me a copy of the 2012 B.I.G. OWNERS MANUAL!

I will keep you posted!

Heelgrad
05-22-2012, 10:33 PM
I talked to my dealer and the Alberta MasterCraft rep today. They are working to get me a copy of the 2012 B.I.G. OWNERS MANUAL!

I will keep you posted!

Why doesnt every 2012 with the BIG system come with a 2012 BIG owner's manual??? That's poor customer service in my opinion. So much stuff in the "2012 Owner's Manual" is outdated. Lexus, Mercedes, Porsche and the like would never put an outdated owners manual in a new vehicle. How Mastercraft gets away with doing it is beyond me. This needs to be remedied quickly.

ddanenberger
05-22-2012, 11:12 PM
I ordered a Zero Off system with my boat. I assume you guys did not?

I ordered with Zero Off. That appears to be the issue.

Nick911
05-22-2012, 11:13 PM

I will keep you posted!

Keep me posted. I want this manual. Doing maiden voyage Saturday and hoping everything works out.

vision
05-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Why doesnt every 2012 with the BIG system come with a 2012 BIG owner's manual??? That's poor customer service in my opinion. So much stuff in the "2012 Owner's Manual" is outdated. Lexus, Mercedes, Porsche and the like would never put an outdated owners manual in a new vehicle. How Mastercraft gets away with doing it is beyond me. This needs to be remedied quickly.

Agreed.

Stefan
05-23-2012, 06:57 AM
I had the 2012 BIG (Touchscreen) refitted on my 2012 X-15 and I'm have some issues with it too.

- i can't use the mph (kmph) cruise at all since we're on a river that flows between 5-6 mph, so going up/down gives you two completely different speeds since you can't force Zero Off to use the oldstyle turnwheel speedsensor instead it always uses GPS :mad:

- most annying: it often takes a long time (>30s) to get the RPM cruise running at all no matter what you do with the throttle

- the different BIG screen sometimes get stuck and only jumping back and forth between the screens seems to bring them back to work, definitly some software work needs to be done here

- sometimes the surf/attitude tabs seem to do what they want when not even in use in certain profiles

Jibber
05-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Im a proudly owner of a x2 2012 with the new GDIG and have the same issues. Cant fill extra Ballast because the Timer shut up. Excuse me for my bad english because im german :). And I find no explanation to the Presets like Auto Balance Mode, Efficiency or Wake Full. If anybody know how to adjust the filltime, please let me know.
I search long time the internet for an manual and still find this. I think i must be a student to understand the new GDIG ;)
http://dc440.4shared.com/doc/UugO39Io/preview.html
but however no explanation

bjames
05-23-2012, 06:23 PM

I will keep you posted!

Awsome... that would be a huge help.:)

Quinten
05-24-2012, 04:56 AM

I will keep you posted!

I'm looking forward to it :)

bjames
05-24-2012, 02:33 PM
I see that what appears to be a revised 2012 Manual is available on MC knowledge port for download. However the only difference i see is they added a section for the X-Star. Nothing seemed to be revised for the BIG and other systems (balast, trim, autoload) which is really lacking in the current manual.

Stefan
05-31-2012, 07:02 AM
Just to let you guy know what my BIG does when I try to set up a new profile (speed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9v7JN4HO4A

btw whats the waterski speed record? :mad:

AZX45OD
05-31-2012, 12:15 PM
I wonder... when my computer or phone acts up, I re-boot and that seems to fix everything. Is there a way to reboot the BIG other than turning on/off the boat? Mine actually worked better a few weeks ago at loading the rider settings than it does now...

cpr05xtr
05-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Just to let you guy know what my BIG does when I try to set up a new profile (speed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9v7JN4HO4A

btw whats the waterski speed record? :mad:

Wow that is crazy. That looks like a software problem to me.

1377 mph! holy dang! Thats almost double the speed of sound at sea level!

Stefan
06-01-2012, 08:50 AM
I/my dealer just recieved info that there are service bulletins out form Nov15th 2011 concerning GDIG/Touchscreen problems, where the early production touchscreens possibly need to be exchaged (asap, before June11th) and the GDIG needs to be reprogrammed, so if you have similar probs get down to your dealer.

I just have no idea why it got to my dealer so late :confused: