PDA

View Full Version : 02 X Star- Fat Sac Replacement

briggle2
05-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Does anyone know if Fly High still makes a Fat Sac that has the 2 "fill" hoses connected to the top of the sac and 1 "empty" hose connect to the bottom? I need a replacement and can't find this sac on any sites. It's the sac that goes in the middle locker. 5 foot long I believe.

Also, what impellars should I use? I believe I have yellow ones in and they have lasted many years but it seems they take FOREVER to fill my tanks!

Any suggestions and links would be greatly appreciated!

briggle2
05-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Disregard the impeller question. Just read the earlier thread. Sounds like green is the color for me.

Jerseydave
05-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Check www.wakemakers.com

I know there are several size fittings for fatsacs. I use 1" fittings on mine, fills and emptys faster. Green impellers.

JRW160
05-21-2012, 12:08 PM
I was looking for a replacement ski locker sac last year. No one makes a bag that completely fills the ski locker any more. I looked at getting a custom 80"x10"x10" sac made, but it was going to be $450. The $130 fly high pro x tube sac fits pretty well, but you lose about 70lbs over the stock one. I ended up repairing my stock sac, so I didn't have to buy a new one.

briggle2
05-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Thanks! I thought I had heard that you can't get this sac any longer.

I repaired it last year and it snapped off again last year. It's the 90 degree fitting that goes into the sac. I thought about taking it to a tire shop and seeing if they could do anything with it.

JRW160
05-21-2012, 12:32 PM
The fitting on the bottom of mine came loose from the bag. I repaired it using PL construction adhesive from lowes or home depot. It has held up for about a year so far

swatguy
05-21-2012, 01:52 PM
I will add to the topic for reference. The original sac is 75 length and 12 inch round diameter. You can't find a stock pre made save that will come close to getting you the 350-400 the sac gives you. The Fly High tube sac is the closest for sure if you don't want to go custom but you will lose weight and it will never fill up completely. The reason is because the ports are on the top of the bag. This will push your floor up way before the sac ever reaches its potential. Weight in this boat in the locker and forward area are a must so every bit counts.

What fly high, wakemakers and almost everyone who has had to replace their sac have done have had the custom sac done with all 3 ports on the end panel. If the ports on on the top it places a ton of stress on the bag at those "welds" for the valves and they will eventually give........I highly suggest doing the custom bag, it will last longer and give you more weight. The dimension of choice is 80inches long by 12 inches round. Fills up perfectly end to end in the locker is estimated at 400 lbs.

briggle2
05-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks guys. Great info as usual.. I may try some PL adhesive and "as seen on TV" Flex Seal before I buy the custom. I really need some weight in the front of this boat. I gave my new Ronix One a trial run yesterday and the ride was so weak with no locker ballast and only a driver in the boat. I have original ballast "tanks" in the rear. Unfortunately there is nothing wrong with them, so I won't swap them out yet..