PDA

View Full Version : Prostar cover - how to use?

Tomi
05-21-2012, 10:43 AM
I feel pretty stupid asking, but my OEM cover for PS190 (-03) came with three pylons to support it. It is the Apex cover with ratchets at the rear. All works great, but the pylon web is a puzzle.
There was no freaking instructions leaflet there, so I cannot figure out where all three are supposed to go and how to attach them. Naturally they all are different lengths also.

So do the poles attach to the cover or do those straps in the 3-pole system attach to the boat? And where...

All help appreciated and pictures are a plus :D

yeahmooney
05-21-2012, 11:41 AM
I may be able to help... I have an 04 197. You should have one pylon with two white straps with metal clips on them. The metal clips connect to two rings in the ski locker. (Note, you may have to life up the ski locker floor which exposes the gas tank to find the clips. Then stretch the pylons forward, one will sit between the motor box and the back seat, then next one between the motor box and the observer seat in front of the ski pylon. This is where it will be different because I have an open bow... The strap for my third pylon sits on top of the windshield with the pylon in the floor of the open bow. Two black straps with plasic clips then connect to the grab handles in the bow. The real trick is finding the clips in the rear trunk and you should be able to figure it our from there.

Table Rocker
05-21-2012, 11:52 AM
I feel pretty stupid asking, but my OEM cover for PS190 (-03) came with three pylons to support it. It is the Apex cover with ratchets at the rear. All works great, but the pylon web is a puzzle.
There was no freaking instructions leaflet there, so I cannot figure out where all three are supposed to go and how to attach them. Naturally they all are different lengths also.

So do the poles attach to the cover or do those straps in the 3-pole system attach to the boat? And where...

All help appreciated and pictures are a plus :DMy boat is older than your boat, but on my cover there is the top of a snap in the cover and the bottom of a snap on the top of the pole. These snap together and the padded end of the pole goes on the floor of the boat. This setup keeps you from getting a pool in the large open spaces of your boat during rain. For dry weather, I don't worry with the poles. The poles might also help during towing by keeping the top taut instead of allowing it to billow in the wind.

You should be able to see the reinforced areas for the snaps from the top, and they should be located in places that make sense for the tent pole.

As I can see from yeahmooney's reply, things are much different on the newer boats.

Tomi
05-21-2012, 12:39 PM
I may be able to help... I have an 04 197. You should have one pylon with two white straps with metal clips on them. The metal clips connect to two rings in the ski locker. (Note, you may have to life up the ski locker floor which exposes the gas tank to find the clips. Then stretch the pylons forward, one will sit between the motor box and the back seat, then next one between the motor box and the observer seat in front of the ski pylon. This is where it will be different because I have an open bow... The strap for my third pylon sits on top of the windshield with the pylon in the floor of the open bow. Two black straps with plasic clips then connect to the grab handles in the bow. The real trick is finding the clips in the rear trunk and you should be able to figure it our from there.

Gotcha... the cover must be the same for 197 and 190 or they sent me open bow version. Hence the third pole. Indeed it has two white straps with metal clips and two black with plastic clips. Makes sense now.

But I don't have grab handles in the bow as it is closed. I could just leave the third pylon out but I need something to tie the straps. No cleats there either. Any ideas?

Tomi
05-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Remove one section and use window supports for the straps?