PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried these gloves???

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Has anyone tried these gloves???

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=19263

Curious if anyone has used these and what they think of them.... :confused:

I am still searching for some new gloves as my prochamps dont seem to cut it. My hands are still getting ripped up a bit even with the kevlar liners. so I am open to any suggestions for good gloves. My main concern is stopping blisters on the hand. :(

Thanks! :)

pilot02
08-20-2005, 01:03 PM
The gloves aren't the problem. It's how you're holding the handle.
You shouldn't be wrenching down on the handle in the palm of your hand, not even when initially being pulled up. Let loose a little of the handle and hold it with just your fingers. I did the same thing when I was learning because your in the mind set that it takes that clamping down to hold on. What happens is when you do, the handle rotates on the palm as your getting up with the hard grip and it tears the skin.

erkoehler
08-20-2005, 01:05 PM
Can't say I have ever used those.

P-Rod
08-20-2005, 01:44 PM
I use a similar system called "Sticky Fingers", which I believe is also a 3m product. I got them as part of the $3,000 in pro shop gear that came when I bought my MC. Overall, I don't see much difference between this system and standard gloves and handles.

erkoehler
08-20-2005, 01:55 PM
I use a similar system called "Sticky Fingers", which I believe is also a 3m product. I got them as part of the $3,000 in pro shop gear that came when I bought my MC. Overall, I don't see much difference between this system and standard gloves and handles.

How did you get the 3k in the pro shop with the boat?

LQ9Lover
08-20-2005, 02:14 PM
The gloves are GREAT when you combine the Advantage handle with the gloves. If you are not using the handle, the gloves are no different than another amora cloth glove like the SGS from Straightline. Currently we are offering the Advantage Glove and Handle for $119.90 w/ FREE shipping in the continental US. Call Mike if you have any questions at (888)420-7547.

Brent
08-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Try some hand guard under your gloves !You can purchase or make your own if you have some spare neoprene laying around!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Pilot02,

so are you saying I should make like a "hook" shape with my hand more or less instead of clenching my hands around the handle? :confused: I am invisioning thats what you mean. I will give that a try....

maybe the gloves arent the problem after all...... :confused: :o

thanks to all!

P-Rod
08-20-2005, 08:02 PM
How did you get the 3k in the pro shop with the boat?

In addition to the $3K in proshop merchandise, I also got them to throw in the Tower Speakers, Additional Amp. and Lights on my X9. I'd like to think that I am a good negotiator since the majority of my career deals with negotiating. :D However, I think sales were slow at the time when I made my deal with my MC Dealer. I ordered my boat in the month of January. They don't sell a lot of boats in the winter months, so I think they were trying to sweeten the deal as much as possible. I also think the dealer felt that I was going to backout as I really didn't want to spend the kind of money that I ended up spending on this boat.

MarkP
08-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Hey, P-Rod,

Will you come with me when I go to buy a boat:worthy:

pilot02
08-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Pilot02,

so are you saying I should make like a "hook" shape with my hand more or less instead of clenching my hands around the handle? :confused: I am invisioning thats what you mean. I will give that a try....

maybe the gloves arent the problem after all...... :confused: :o

thanks to all!

That's exactly what I'm saying.
Your fingers should be curled around the handle but the handle should be resting past your palm. Although you may find this slightly awkward at first. Most of the damage is done on initial startup and if you find yourself having to hold on that tight on the handle, you're doing something wrong with your takeoff. Typically this would be not getting close to the ski or keeping your weight too far back so that the ski doesn't ride up over the water quickly. Personally, I tried lots of things before I finally had someone tell me what my problem was. I tried clinchers, "underwear" etc. and I'd literally destroy a set of gloves in a matter of maybe 3 weeks. Now, I never get blisters and can get up to 2 seasons out of a set of gloves and although I haven't done it this summer due ton not skiing on the course enough, skied my passes straight into 32off at 34mph 3 weekends in a row last summer. My point there is not that I'm a good skier, only that it doesn't take that much to hold on if you're doing things right.