PDA

View Full Version : 99 prostar 205 does not start

skeetz_71
05-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Stoped on the lake No fuel I have power at the green and white wire at the mefi3 it never sends a ground signal I do have spark I powerd the fuel pump and tried to start the boat but it will not start.

Thanks for any info

mtajpa
05-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Check your kill switch sometimes they can go bad. Then check that the fuel pump runs at key on for a few seconds most pumps you can hear. If not check the fuel pump fuse it should be near the ecm and relays. They are in a little cover. The next thing to check would be for fuel pressure. You will need a guage for this though.

Hope this helps.

skeetz_71
05-20-2012, 04:38 PM
I checked those things I dont have a neg signal coming from the ecm to the relay to run the fuel pump.The switches seem to be working and the ecm is getting a power signal.

Thanks for the reply

mtajpa
05-20-2012, 11:46 PM
Attached is a pdf schematic that may help even though it says its 2003. The ECM has 3 places it gets its grounds from check these connections at the engine block near the back of the engine. The other issue you can check is for corrosion in the ECM connectors itself. Mine had water leaking into the connectors causing corrosion. Pop the J1 and J2 connectors off and check that all the pins are still there and the connectors themselves are corrosion free. The pdf should help especially on sheet 6 of 7. Good luck.