PDA

View Full Version : Adding hydrolic lifts to the cooler and storage doors

Will.I.am
05-20-2012, 11:19 AM
I know I read about some guys adding some hydrolics/springs/hinges to hold open the cooler doors. Has anyone done this? Is it as simple as installing some hydrolic shocks?

This is one of our big gripes on the interior of our boat. It is a pain to constantly be moving these cushions around the boat..

Btw we have a 2011 x-15.

CantRepeat
05-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Did you see the thread where someone installed the latch to hold the seats up? Pretty clean install.

BrooksfamX2
05-20-2012, 12:15 PM
I want to hinge mine on the X2........

CantRepeat
05-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Here is the thread with both a spring and latch install.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=42727

Will.I.am
05-20-2012, 04:27 PM
The difference though is my covers are NOT hinged. They just completely pull off and are loose.

CantRepeat
05-20-2012, 05:10 PM
The difference though is my covers are NOT hinged. They just completely pull off and are loose.

Well how are going to add the gas springs without first adding hinges?

Will.I.am
05-20-2012, 07:11 PM
That is what this post is about, had anyone done this, if so how did they do it!!

CantRepeat
05-20-2012, 07:37 PM
That is what this post is about, had anyone done this, if so how did they do it!!

Well, no you only ask about springs not hinges.

BrooksfamX2
05-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Well, no you only ask about springs not hinges.

Uh....he said hinges also......

I know I read about some guys adding some hydrolics/springs/hinges to hold open the cooler doors

Will.I.am
05-20-2012, 09:37 PM
This is what I hate about this forum, thanks for ruining the question and this forum. Anyone else want to comment ON SUBJECT?

BrooksfamX2
05-20-2012, 09:40 PM
I have seen talk about it somewhere around here. Not sure if there is a step-by-step though........

CantRepeat
05-20-2012, 09:49 PM
This is what I hate about this forum, thanks for ruining the question and this forum. Anyone else want to comment ON SUBJECT?

Wow, really? Relax bud. I'm only here trying to help. I'll be sure to ignore your post from here on out. What I hate about this forum is when you try to offer help to someone and they get pissy about it rather then just saying thanks.

If you did, I didn't see it (because the pre edit post didn't say anything about hinges). It's not anything to get bent out of shape about.

I've purchased the hinges from Rambo marine, ask for Lex. It's the same hinges as on the cooler seat of any of the boats that have them.

And as I had posted, the other thread shows a couple of choices for keeping the seat up.