PDA

View Full Version : Bindings, I need some new ones!

CantRepeat
05-20-2012, 10:21 AM
OK, two stories here.

I purchased an O'brien Seven last year and some Bio bindings. Needless to say I don't like the bindings nor the ski that much. I'll probably sell it and use the money to fund some bindings for my old HO Extreme which I still love to ride.

I do not like the bindings. They just don't feel good on my feet.

http://mikesell.net/images/boat/ski/ob4.jpg

It's a 68

http://mikesell.net/images/boat/ski/ob3.jpg

What I need is some suggestions to replace these bindings as one of them is starting to rip out.

http://mikesell.net/images/boat/ski/ho1.jpg

Does anyone still make something similar to these?

gatorguy
05-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Animals are similar, but not exactly the same. I really like the radar boots, and want to make the switch from my Animals to the radars. If I do, I'll have a spare set if animals I'd sell. That being said the animals are head and shoulders better than my old HO adjustable binding and RTP that was on my old HO Turbo.

CantRepeat
05-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Animals are similar, but not exactly the same. I really like the radar boots, and want to make the switch from my Animals to the radars. If I do, I'll have a spare set if animals I'd sell. That being said the animals are head and shoulders better than my old HO adjustable binding and RTP that was on my old HO Turbo.

What size are your animals? I've never used them.

madcityskier
05-20-2012, 12:41 PM
If you don't want to drill talk to Wiley's, they used to have plates to match other screw patterns. I assume the still do.

Ski-me
05-20-2012, 04:04 PM
I had (still have) boots similar to yours but mine are the 98's compared to your 97's. I really have liked those boots.

I found some red and white HO Animal boots and tried them a few times but honestly liked my older 98's better so I just stuck with them for a few more years.

Just a few weeks ago I decided to splurge and get some 2011 Strata boots. Very nice but I will say that I really did like the Radar Vectors as well. The Vectors are definitely nicer and more comfortable than my 98's (and probably you 97's). I would highly recommend trying out those boots. Still open toe in in both boots rather than the more specialized stratas.

The stratas are great but they are a little strange to get use to. I'm still dialing them in but I'm really starting to like them.

The vectors should also have the same bolt pattern as you 97's so pretty easy upgrade.

Hope this helps......

east tx skier
05-20-2012, 04:06 PM
If you aren't going for the more modern type of hard shell or hybrid hard shell, go Wileys. I am using Radar Stradas now, but still have my Wileys just in case I decide to go back. Great boots.

Jeff Lyman
05-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Just tryed my new to me Radar Vectors. They are like wearing a snowmobile boot with a liner, super comfortable. Support was good not great although I quickly got to like the ability to shift my weight around better.....just saying.

Now the new Vice ski is KILLER! Finally a ski that is better than me.

gatorguy
05-21-2012, 12:04 AM
What size are your animals? I've never used them.

XL I think. I wear a 11.5 shoe.