05-20-2012, 08:31 AM
x1
x2
x7
x9
x14
x30

All Mastercraft models
All 100% unsearchable under the current search parameters.

I just did a search for "Surf Ballast x1" and got the "less than 4 letters" error message.
Then I just searched for "Surf Ballast" and got over 20 pages of possibilities.

So pretty much useless when searching by model number, and obviously, the surf ballast setup for an x1 is vastly different from an x2, but have to look at it all combined.

Would be great if the model #'s were made searchable.

j.robinson389
05-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Very good point! I have thought this many times but never thought about posting it. It seems that a forum about boats with many models that have 3 or less characters it would make sense to have them searchable.

Table Rocker
05-22-2012, 09:42 AM
It's a little more work, but you can always Google search TeamTalk.

Example (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=+surf+ballast+x-1+site%3Amastercraft.com%2Fteamtalk%2F)

Or you can go to the tags page and click the tag for the model you are looking for:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/tags.php

You can also do a tag search on the bottom of that page.

I know these aren't too convenient, but at least you can get the job done.

CantRepeat
05-22-2012, 10:46 AM
I think if you lower that number it may adversely affect the performance of the entire forum.

east tx skier
05-22-2012, 11:19 AM
I know it's mentioned above, but in google type: "[your search term] site:www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk"

HartlandX1
05-23-2012, 09:17 AM
I think if you lower that number it may adversely affect the performance of the entire forum.

I'm not a teck geek, but you should be able to include those terms as viable search options, while still excluding all other three letter words, if necessary.

Just seems like a huge oversite, given the model nature of the lineup for the past decade...

CantRepeat
05-23-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm not a teck geek, but you should be able to include those terms as viable search options, while still excluding all other three letter words, if necessary.

Just seems like a huge oversite, given the model nature of the lineup for the past decade...

I did add them to the exemption list for words less then 4 letters and did a test search, it didn't seem to do much good. Sorry. :( It just seems to be a very poor limitation of the software's search function.

mzimme
05-23-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm not sure if it's an option, but on some other forums I'm on, when you click the "search" button, it drops down with a couple of options. First, it has the options like what are currently available. Then, underneath that it adds a "google search" which basically just automatically google searches for people who aren't aware that you can search using "site:www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk" in google. Eliminates a step, and might make the site more user friendly for those who aren't quite as internet savvy as others.

Just an idea...

CantRepeat
05-23-2012, 10:49 AM
This version of vBulletin does not have that option.

mzimme
05-23-2012, 11:33 AM
This version of vBulletin does not have that option.

Well darn. Its probably a plug-in that would need to be integrated into vB then.

east tx skier
05-23-2012, 05:33 PM
I changed the links to this some time ago because a member who is no longer around was browbeating people who asked questions to search before they asked and then linking them to this search engine. Play nice, and I'll keep it where it is.

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine (http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=005775850323706454504:gufmagvsc-s&hl=en)

CantRepeat
05-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks Eastie!!

And I couldn't care less how many questions people ask without a search, but I do wish they'd ask them in the right area. lol

-V-
05-23-2012, 08:26 PM
I like my new home page, a TT Google........haha

east tx skier
05-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks Eastie!!

And I couldn't care less how many questions people ask without a search, but I do wish they'd ask them in the right area. lol

If they don't, move 'em! ;)

Nightwishh
06-13-2012, 02:55 PM
you are best!

neil.anderson63
06-30-2012, 06:00 PM
I love all of the goofy questions, poor grammar (your, you're) (its, it's) and misspelled words. Makes my day every time.

Philscbx
06-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Right - non of these forum styles have Google Boolean built in to know what you want.
Any topic - Use Google - Add Teamtalk after comma - will always get what you are looking for back to here.

JohnE
06-30-2012, 06:50 PM
I changed the links to this some time ago because a member who is no longer around was browbeating people who asked questions to search before they asked and then linking them to this search engine. Play nice, and I'll keep it where it is.

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine (http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=005775850323706454504:gufmagvsc-s&hl=en)

Missed this last month. Glad to see you reintroduce it. It must be nice to be a browbeater with all the answers. :rolleyes: