PDA

View Full Version : Lake Tahoe Ski Vacation

P-Rod
08-20-2005, 12:01 AM
We took our vacation to Tahoe and I am finally able to get some pictures up on the site. We loaded up the family and our X9 and skied Boca Res. in Tahoe for two weeks. We were able to ski every morning from 6:30 to 12:00 with only two to three boats on the lake and perfect glass conditions. After that we left the lake for the seadoo's and the tubers.

For the past year, we have struggled to get my daughter in the water ever since I caught a large catfish right where she was swimming. Anyways, she finally decided to give it a try on our 1st day and was successful in getting up on both her ski's and wakeboard. :woohoo: This made the whole vacation. Once she got it, she was able to get everytime thereafter. We often had to stop the boat to get her back in the boat so that others could have a shot to ski.

Attached are a few photo's of our kids enjoying the water!!

erkoehler
08-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Nice shots :D Glad to hear she was able to overcome her fears. No more fishing on the MC!

rick s.
08-20-2005, 05:16 AM
Did the boat run OK up there?

MarkP
08-20-2005, 07:41 AM
Great shots. How old is the short one??

SteveO
08-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Looks like a fun time was had by all. Look at that great water!

MarkP
08-20-2005, 08:52 AM
SteveO

Ya gettin out??

P-Rod
08-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Did the boat run OK up there?

We didn't experience any mechanical issues. I did notice that we dropped about 3 mph on the top end speed as compared to when we ski at Don Pedro, but other than that the boat ran great.

P-Rod
08-20-2005, 12:37 PM
Great shots. How old is the short one??

My daughter just turned eight. The youngest that we brought was a four year old, but we could only get him to swim. He didn't want to try the ski's this trip. Who knows, maybe he will try next time!!

MarkP
08-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Thatís great! Congrats to the 8 yr old!!

I think my 5 year old girl is ready to jump on the boom any time now. My 9 year old just moved from the boom/boom rope to long line with two skis and is bugging me to go back to the boom to try one ski. Seems like they go for it whenever they are ready..

P-Rod
08-20-2005, 04:39 PM
MarkP,

Good luck with the 5 year old. It sure has been fun educating and teaching my kids over this last year. We bought our boat last year and have had fun watching them progress. My son has progressed the most and is so agressive on the wakeboard. I have stuggled with him though on trying the traditional ski's. Being a traditionalist myself, I think it is important for the kids to learn both skiing as well as the wakeboard, because in my opinion, there is no bigger thrill than slalom skiing!!

MarkP
08-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Boy I couldnít agree more.. Iím trying not to buy any wakeboard equipment until at least the oldest two kids are on slalom skis..

P-Rod
08-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Boy I couldnít agree more.. Iím trying not to buy any wakeboard equipment until at least the oldest two kids are on slalom skis..

I wish I stuck with that philosophy with my son. Now that he is getting into the jumps and tricks on the wakeboard, he is reluctant to try the skis. Anyways, at least I will have one of of the two that is a skier!!! :D

ski_king
08-20-2005, 06:27 PM
The pictures look great! Beautiful countryside, looks like Bonanza!

Thats what I did, wait till they both were pretty comfortable on a slalom.
The wake board has only been out once this summer. Maybe I should sell it.

rlivingood
08-21-2005, 01:18 AM
Looking at the pictures I didn't notice any wet suit. Was the water even close to warm? I've never been able to get myself into Tahoe since the water is so much colder than most of the other lakes we ski. Maybe I've not been at the right time in the season.

Rod

P-Rod
08-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Looking at the pictures I didn't notice any wet suit. Was the water even close to warm? I've never been able to get myself into Tahoe since the water is so much colder than most of the other lakes we ski. Maybe I've not been at the right time in the season.

Rod

The lake that we skied was Boca Resevoir. We chose this lake up in the Tahoe Basin due to the fact that it is only 75 feet deep at the deepest spot (According to my Depth Finder). As a result, the temperature was 65 degrees and therefore, no wetsuits were required. It did seem cold when you start skiing at 6:30 am because the outside air temperature was 50 to55 degrees.

6ballsisall
08-21-2005, 03:11 PM
The lake that we skied was Boca Resevoir. We chose this lake up in the Tahoe Basin due to the fact that it is only 75 feet deep at the deepest spot (According to my Depth Finder). As a result, the temperature was 65 degrees and therefore, no wetsuits were required. It did seem cold when you start skiing at 6:30 am because the outside air temperature was 50 to55 degrees.

Wowsers!! That exhilirating water!! :eek: I'll stick with my mid to hi 80's degree water thank you very much :wavey:

Sounds like a neat place though

School Skier
08-22-2005, 07:42 AM
My cousin from Fair Oaks, California rents a boat at Tahoe and has her sons ride the board there.
Wish Wisconsin had a lake like Tahoe near where I ski!