PDA

View Full Version : Plastic barrels

JohnnyB
05-19-2012, 06:32 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/3274a1e2-1b87-86e6.jpg

Last month was floating dock. Now I grabbed 12 15gal barrels from a local farm supply company and built a swim raft...like the low profile....

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

thatsmrmastercraft
05-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Looks good.:toast:

east tx skier
05-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Did you fill them with anything in case they leak? Our ski club uses plastic rain barrels to market our course and support a floating sign. We fill them with styrofoam peanuts (a laborious task) so that, if they spring a leak, they won't sink in the short term.

thatsmrmastercraft
05-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Did you fill them with anything in case they leak? Our ski club uses plastic rain barrels to market our course and support a floating sign. We fill them with styrofoam peanuts (a laborious task) so that, if they spring a leak, they won't sink in the short term.

Fantastic idea............and a great way to get rid of the darn things.

JohnnyB
05-20-2012, 08:39 AM

Great idea but no I didn't. Sealed all the bungs w pvc rated has pipe sealant. On the pond in front of my house so if they sink they won't get far.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

medicmoose
05-20-2012, 09:34 AM

That's a great idea!!