PDA

View Full Version : Retractable Pickup bed covers

magnum
05-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Does anyone have any input on what brand to buy on the hard surface retractable pickup bed covers. motorized or manual

73blue
05-19-2012, 07:56 AM
I cant speak to any of the others, but my dad has used a Pace Edwards Bedlocker for several years and its held up well. He's not easy on it either. Lets just say it will support well over the suggested limit.

http://www.pace-edwards.com/Bedlocker-Electric

cwarndahl
05-19-2012, 10:13 AM
I have a bak industries g2 backflip I get full use of the bed and it's a hard cover. It's a trifold flip. I love it. Can't really speak to others. I did have a one piece fiberglass on my ford and it really limited the use of the bad for moving big items. So I will never do that again.

DemolitionMan
05-19-2012, 10:18 AM
I have a roll n lock, very well built.

SkiDog
05-19-2012, 02:42 PM
I have a roll n lock, very well built.

Me too, just not very water tight.:(

fskof
05-19-2012, 11:23 PM
I had a pace edwards on my old Dodge Dakota pick up. It held up well. No water leaks.

http://www.pace-edwards.com/Roll-Top-Cover

If I was buying a new pick up its what I would get again!

medicmoose
05-20-2012, 09:37 AM
I have a bak industries g2 backflip I get full use of the bed and it's a hard cover. It's a trifold flip. I love it. Can't really speak to others. I did have a one piece fiberglass on my ford and it really limited the use of the bad for moving big items. So I will never do that again.

I've got the same thing on my Dodge....works great, pretty much water tight and once folded up you lose very little (a couple of inches) of bed space. Oh, and if you need to haul something on top of it, I think it is rated to carry 500 lbs.

TheWoons
05-22-2012, 02:55 AM
I have a BakFlip F1 and love it.

magnum
05-22-2012, 08:26 AM
anyone have any input on the electric retractable bed covers, would like to have one but they are a lot more cost

DemolitionMan
05-22-2012, 10:02 AM
anyone have any input on the electric retractable bed covers, would like to have one but they are a lot more cost

Sounds like something that will break.

73blue
05-22-2012, 10:55 AM

See my above post on the pace edwards bedlocker. Again, Dads has survived severe abuse, holding men up, water out, even survived a wreck that totalled his truck and went on his next one.