PDA

View Full Version : New hull X2 or Old Hull X2/X1

jgoldsmith
05-18-2012, 03:33 PM
I am currently looking to buy a used X2 or X1. I have heard there is more interior room in the 2006+ X2 which is definitely a plus. But, I am willing to sacrifice a little bit of space inside for a better wake. I know that the 205v hull of the older X2/X1 is great for wakeboarding, but we also do a fair amount of surfing and I would like to know which would be better for the combination and will I have to put in more bags as well?

willyt
05-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Just my kind of thread…
Owned a 2005 X2 and spent a lot of time on mattscraft’s machine (09 X2). When I’ve had my old 205V sacked out and a ton of people on board (granted, you need A LOT of weight in the bow of that bow) the wakeboarding wake has been absolutely killer. Problem is, it’s so sacked out you really have ZERO storage or seating space.
We didn’t try surfing a ton, gave the setup the old college try down at Norris one year but whatever setup we tried it was only marginal. Boat honestly didn’t burn much gas whatsoever either, really narrow beam with not much wetted surface. Handling was unreal.

Pickle X2’s are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much bigger than 205V’s. They honestly have a ton of seating and storage space for a 20 fter. From the limited time I’ve driven it didn’t seem to sacrifice handling much at all (of course I don’t complain about handling much – my new xstar seems fine to me and I’m told they drive like tanks…??? donno). Sacked out with a lot of people… wakeboarding wake is pretty good. It’s easy to overweigh them as they like A LOT of weight in the bow. I’d have to give the edge to the 205V here though.
Surfing… not even close, pickle X2 wins hands down.

I think there are numerous threads on here comparing the two boats.

mccobmd
05-19-2012, 12:27 PM
I have to agree with Willy, I have the X1 and it is a great wake empty that just gets better as you add more. I put 40% up front and 60% in back. My x1 surfs great for me, we still slalom so the X1 was the best for me. Would like to have more room but we don't routinely have a big crew and if we do someone brings a pontoon to float on.

03 35th Anniversary
05-19-2012, 12:51 PM
I'd go pickle fork......

wakeX2wake
05-19-2012, 12:52 PM
unless you slalom... pickelfork... room benefits and you will have no one say a bad word about the wake (unless they have a star in the garage)