PDA

View Full Version : A couple of 2011 X2 questions

Simsy
05-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Hi

I've got a 2011 X2 I bought over the phone and still won't see for another month. Torture!

I have a couple of questions I'm wondering if I could please get some help with:

1. Dash lights color at night: I have the BIG display, what color will the gauges be at night? I'm thinking of getting LEDs and seems like it'd look the best if I can match up. I think/ hope maybe red, can someone please confirm?

2. LED lights: Nothing too complicated, but maybe two pairs for the JBL speakers in front and also the main cabin. My wife thinks they look a bit obnoxious...too much to have in the tower speakers. Dang! Do they more-or-less just plug into the wires for the speakers, right? So pretty easy to install? If so, what're people's opinions on the best source for the lights? They appear to be $100/ pair...that about right?

3. Front storage: is there storage under the front seats? If not, where do people put anchors...in the back?

I'm super excited for the boat. Love the 2012s too but for something I won't use that much the price I got on the 2011 was too good to pass up. Hence I bought her over the phone.

Hope to see some of you on the Oregon lakes this Summer!

A

bjames
05-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Congrats on the purchase,

My 2011 X25 gauges lit up red, they look good :)

There should be storage under the bow seats. As for the anchor, my X25 has anchor storage under the front bow seat, not sure on the X2. Someone else can confirm

esu
05-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Congrats on the new x2! I'm new as well, took possession of an '11 x2 last October. We love it. Dash and recesses along the port and starboard seats (where the cup holders are) are lit in red. We store our anchor under the bow seat cushion, the dock ties and bumpers under the starboard bow seat cushion, and the cover under the port. There's tons of storage!

Enjoy

Simsy
05-18-2012, 12:58 AM
All great news. Thanks a lot for the answers BJ and "mystery guest". Can't wait to use our boat. Yeehaw!