PDA

View Full Version : Ski w/Keith St. Onge(KSO) NW Chicago Burbs May 29th

MasterKraftS&S
05-17-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm hosting a Barefoot clinic with KSO from the worldbarefootcenter.com on May 29th. We have some folks doing 1/2 day AM sessions. 3 Afternoon slots available. Bring your own suit and handle if you prefer and come Walk On Water. $100 or less depending on Gas used.

On The Fox River(Barrington/Cary Area) Anyone interested, should txt me at 847-409-8224. O

atlfootr
05-21-2012, 02:11 PM
That's a great price ... you guys will learn ALOT!
Good luck and have a blast :) Post some pictures on here after the clinic for the rest of us who couldn't make it there can see, remember

cbryan70
05-21-2012, 02:26 PM
will you guys have any handles and suits that will be available? Never done it and want to learn.

Rockman
05-21-2012, 06:13 PM
will you guys have any handles and suits that will be available? Never done it and want to learn.

I have a few smalls and mediums in the garage...;)

barefoot
05-21-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm interested...just sent you a text!

barefoot
05-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Rock, are you going?

Rockman
05-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Rock, are you going?

Right now, I don't think I can get off of work...already taking off this Thursday and Friday. :mad:

I mentioned it to my wife last night after I got a text from Erk and before I even finished the sentence, she said "GO!" :D

I will have to check a few things today...maybe there will be a slot left and I can get off of work.

cbryan70
05-22-2012, 03:26 PM
I have a few smalls and mediums in the garage...;)

:rolleyes: those might work 8p

barefoot
05-22-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm in! Just spoke with Bob and I'm slotted for the morning hour.

Rockman
05-22-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm out...gonna make it a long weekend starting tomorrow night. Got alot going on at work and not gonna be able to take Tuesday off also.

Have fun, learn lots and tell Keith I said hello...might try to catch up with him later this summer.;)

barefoot
05-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Just spent the day with KSO! Big thanks to Keith for the amazing morning. And bigger thanks to Bob's for the use of his boat and his mad driving skills!

It's unbelievable what a little instruction can do for one's progression. We had 4 footers in the boat and did about 4 sets a piece. I think everyone walked away a better barefooter.

Everything Keith taught us was based on one foot, one hand method. It was definitely an 'ah ha' moment for me. To progress to harder tricks, it's about balance over your feet. Balance is based on the comfort level on one foot. That has everything to do with being square over your foot. If you're square, you should be able to take one hand off the handle. That hand should be the same as the plant foot. The more comfortable you are, the faster you can progress to new tricks. Made a lot of sense to me.

Frontwards, font one foots, front one foot one-handed, toe holds, backwards, back one foots, back line hooks, back line hooks one-handed, back toe hold....all built from the one hand, one foot method.

The only thing I need is practice and water time! Who wants to go foot'n?

atlfootr
05-30-2012, 08:33 AM
Ryan / barefoot,

Sounds like you guys really learned some important "ah ha's".
Sometimes, it's small tweaks Keith gives that make all the difference.
If you ever have the time (Winter Season) and you want to get away from the snow - bring Rockman down w/ you and
come crash @ my place in :) Winter Haven, Fl. you guys can foot w/ us, and my friends.

Keith's school (The World Barefoot Center) is only 20 minutes away and if you want to do another barefoot school for half / full day there's 3 more in town.

Winter Haven, Florida IS THE BAREFOOT CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!
Polk County has 554 natural freshwater lakes.
That's way he's here and nowhere else ...

barefoot
05-30-2012, 09:25 AM
What, no boats allowed on the lakes down there? :D

I'd kill for water like that. We're use to foot'n on sh$t water up here. Actually, that's the first thing he corrected. He said I foot with my feet too far in front of me. Makes sense...I'm always plowing through rollers :rolleyes:

atlfootr
05-30-2012, 09:40 AM
What, no boats allowed on the lakes down there? :D
Sure they are, and it's usually just mine early mornings late afternoon's both bfore / aftr work :)

We're use to foot'n on sh$t water up here, I'd kill for water like that....
That's why YOU / and your buds need to come down here ...

We get it practically every day (provided there are no storms) and if there are any storms they roll through fast and give glass afterwards.

Actually, that's the first thing he corrected. He said I foot with my feet too far in front of me.
All Keith needs to do is see you foot just once, he can see bad habits and make small changes in your stance cleaning up all the spray and make your foot'n easier ..

atlfootr
05-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Did anyone take any pic's or video while training w/ Keith?

Rockman
05-30-2012, 10:00 AM
If you ever have the time (Winter Season) and you want to get away from the snow - bring Rockman down w/ you and
come crash @ my place in :) Winter Haven, Fl. you guys can foot w/ us, and my friends...

Might be taking you up on that offer!;)

atlfootr
05-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Sounds great, consider the welcome mat laid out :)

barefoot
05-30-2012, 04:18 PM
I don't think anyone took pictures. There was a lot of video shot...Bob just needs to figure out how to upload it!

atlfootr
05-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Uploading is the easy part, taking it is the hard part ... have him use You Tube and then post the link.
I did a search in the FAQ section of MC Team Talk and only found this ... mov 190.73 MB

Attachments and Images

How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

What files types can I use?
How large can attachments be?

In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing before the URL and after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image.
You can insert pictures from your albums (?) (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_albums) in this way too.