PDA

View Full Version : good ski handles?

h2oskifreak
05-16-2012, 07:29 PM
I have a 13 inch raduis tractor grip from Straightline I am using now. It is a warranty handle from a broken handle I bought from them. I broke the other one at the end where the handle meets the rope and took a real nasty digger because of it (metal actually broke). Well, I survived that to ski another day and they replaced it. Within a few uses the vinyl sheath covering the rope from each side to the main line started cracking. I used black elec tape and shiek the balance of the season with it that way. Now early next season, the other side cracked and completely in two pieces now. I am sure the plastic is breaking from my 250 lb. ski partner handle dinging his ski when he fails to get up. Does anybody see a problem taking them off entirely, letting my "big boy" partner ski it into the ground and me getting a better handle. Is it safe w/ floppy rope side lenghts for him? What brand should I persue? I ski 22-35 off and like a tractor grip. I remember a place where a lady made custom handles, but searched "handles" and too many threads came up to look through them all. Suggestions/input please.

pram
05-16-2012, 07:34 PM
I think this is what you are thinking of

http://www.jlbmfg.com/

h2oskifreak
05-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Pram, Thanks that is the one I was thinking about. Scanning it, she may not have my tractor grip, but it's a start. I just don't see what I am looking for at Overtons. Haven't checked Barts yet.

pram
05-16-2012, 07:46 PM
She may be able to make you what you are looking for though.

east tx skier
05-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Check MasterlineUSA.com. Not sure if they have tractor, but the handles are good. TMC member Cottonwood is a masterline dealer and can get you a discount.

ted shred
05-16-2012, 08:15 PM
I always have a rope and handle for guests that don't have their own and one for myself that only I use. I love the tractor grip.

h2oskifreak
05-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Yes, I am going to have "my own" handle from here on in.

mikeg205
05-16-2012, 09:42 PM
don't forget the HO 41 tail gloves.

h2oskifreak
05-16-2012, 10:27 PM
don't forget the HO 41 tail gloves.

I have skied the 41 Tails for a few years and love them.

mikeg205
05-16-2012, 10:40 PM
hopin' I get a pair for father's day... :) from the kids...

Hogwild
05-16-2012, 11:57 PM
What do you guys think about this handle/rope combo? I saw someone mention it on another site but didn't know if it was a good quality rope. http://www.boardstop.com/product_info.php?cPath=119_155&products_id=4861

LaRue
05-17-2012, 01:33 AM
................... Edit

BrianM
05-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Brenda makes really nice handles and ropes. Truly American made by someone dedicated to making quality products for skiers.

east tx skier
05-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Agreed. I have used them at ski school several times. Would own one now, but she had supplier issues when I was shopping and couldn't get the small diameter handles. Next time.

jamisonsbrodie
05-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Brenda makes really nice handles and ropes. Truly American made by someone dedicated to making quality products for skiers.

+1. I have used these for years and they are they best out there. The durometer of rubber that she uses has more grip than Masterline handles, but they still wear well. They have just a slight bit of texture to them which really helps. The ropes have easy to use loops also. Well worth the money!!

TRBenj
05-17-2012, 10:56 AM
+1. I have used these for years and they are they best out there. The durometer of rubber that she uses has more grip than Masterline handles, but they still wear well. They have just a slight bit of texture to them which really helps. The ropes have easy to use loops also. Well worth the money!!
I just got my first In Tow from Brenda over the winter. Boy, is it a well made rope and handle.

Havent used it yet, but Ive heard great things!